Jamie Pollard vows to look into allegations of fan misconduct at Saturday's Cy-Hawk game

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
I have many friends in the ISU band, and their director told them that the rumor that an IU band member was pushed and broke their ribs, is 100% false. That information was gained as part of reported conversation between the two band directors that happened after the game.

An Iowa band member did break their ribs; they fell down the stadium stairs (not pushed), and landed on their bass drum. That sucks for that individual, but the foul-play associated with it is 100% false.

If they landed on their bass drum, they’re likely still rolling. Which direction were they going? The U of I needs to find out and send an investigative team to the likely destination in an adjoining state to find out what really happened.

• Funny
Reactions: DSMCy

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Yeah, with some of the rumors out there such as broken windows of buses, i find it unlikely that with 50 college kids on that bus that there wasn't a photo and that photo wasn't all over Hawkeye social media by Sunday.

An old phrase that is still generally good advice about rumors on the Internet...

"Pics or didn't happen."

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I just assume all other schools jokingly boo their rivals' band. Is this not a thing?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Fine by me. If the series goes away I'll be thrilled to have Iowa be the one that cancels it AGAIN.

FIFY.

I think it is a possibility Barta is doing this on purpose considering this is the second time he's pulled this stunt in the immediate aftermath of a game with Iowa State. There were several Big Ten teams whining about the 9 game conference slate for TV. It is probable Barta was one of them but his hands are tied on this game unless he can find a way to get out of it.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Or, more accurately...
tenor.gif

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I'll call my shot on how this plays out. Barta puts out a late Friday afternoon news dump that says the "investigation" found no foul play. Bury it so a few people see it as possible.

As others have said, in this 24/7 twitter world, I find it hard to believe something wouldn't have leaked out yet. You know Leistikow and Rob Howe are just itching to publish the story they've no doubt already written that makes ISU look as bad as possible. If someone had concrete evidence, these guys would have written it by now.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I admit I am guilty of not standing and cheering the mighty Hawk band. :rolleyes: I would have booed, but my daughter had been a member of the ISUVFBMB and she felt sorry for them.
I don't boo any team when they take the field and I certainly don't boo a band. I will boo a player who is taunting, trying to hurt an opponent or otherwise acting like an asshat and will boo any refs who do a terrible job.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I'll call my shot on how this plays out. Barta puts out a late Friday afternoon news dump that says the "investigation" found no foul play. Bury it so a few people see it as possible.

As others have said, in this 24/7 twitter world, I find it hard to believe something wouldn't have leaked out yet. You know Leistikow and Rob Howe are just itching to publish the story they've no doubt already written that makes ISU look as bad as possible. If someone had concrete evidence, these guys would have written it by now.

The story by Leistikow/Howe could happen even without an outcome,lol. I can see it now "These incidents are yet another reason why the hawks have nothing to gain playing the cyclones...blah blah blah" and then shots at all we have is tailgating, CMC as good as gone, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I don't boo any team when they take the field and I certainly don't boo a band. I will boo a player who is taunting, trying to hurt an opponent or otherwise acting like an asshat and will boo any refs who do a terrible job.

We used to "moo" everything. Sounds the same, reps our ag heritage!

Mr. Burns said:
Smithers, are they booing me?
Smithers said:
Oh, they're not booing you, Sir, they're shouting "Boo-urns! Boo-urns!"