Jeremy abnormally silent

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Jeremy
Normally during these searches you have the scoop for us. Why so quiet right now? Stuff going on that you can't yet leak?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
He probably cannot believe the fellow flew back to say 90 seconds of crap.
in all seriousness, my bet is the plane was to pick up the family and some personals. He knows we freaking stalked him in here, and probably felt like he might as well have a quick meeting to pretend like he gives a ****...since we all knew he was going to be here.

I feel so bad for those kids right now. THing is they are learning a life lesson...which sucks.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I'm still trying to catch my breath from the past 72 hours. Everything flaired up so quickly and caught everybody off guard.

There isn't really anything new at this point, just people throwing out names of who they personally would like to see interviewed. The names are pretty much those that have already been thrown around.

I will simply add that Gene Chizik went from being one of the people I respect most to somebody that I find to be the second biggest hypocrite I've ever met.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm still trying to catch my breath from the past 72 hours. Everything flaired up so quickly and caught everybody off guard.

There isn't really anything new at this point, just people throwing out names of who they personally would like to see interviewed. The names are pretty much those that have already been thrown around.

I will simply add that Gene Chizik went from being one of the people I respect most to somebody that I find to be the second biggest hypocrite I've ever met.

Do we even want to know about #1??

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Thanks Jeremy. I assume things are cooking pretty hot right now, and as secretive as JP is...it may be hard to get info right now. I think I speak for all here, we appreciate all you do.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I wouldn't mind if the site "accidentally" went down for a while. It'd get us away from all this hurtful news.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
He is Auburn waiting for the plane to land so that he can report back in with the scoop.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
I assume Jeremy is letting it run its course. No need to post things until he has all the facts. I have found that when he does have something that he feels he can confirm, he will share things with us.

I think many of us are just thankful that we have this site to chat things over and vent a little. Great therapy for all of us.

Okay, group hug.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
With Pollard flying all over the US right now, hopefully, I doubt he has had chance to talk to more than a couple of coaches face to face, if any at all. Probably not much to report, unless Pollard's assistant posts here on CF or calls Jeremy at night.

Shinyhappyclone

Aug 25, 2007
iowa
I love all the efforts to be subrosa and covert in hiring. In hindsite--which I totally do not try to judge by--but JP's secret hiring of Chizik seems more and more like the Harriet Myers nomination to the supreme court, with the nominator trying to score points for style, surprise, and ability to keep a secret from publicity.

Gene Smith--the better Gene--is looking wiser all time with his MacCarney hiring when he simply had to go with "the guy who wanted it the most". I still wish it would have worked with Mac and I totally believe it was more of a let-down with staffing and assistant management that we could not have sustained.
This hiring process should be open to the sunlight and the hopefully the two guys "who want it the most" will be blessed by the fieldgoal kicker/student athelete arrests/suddenly opportunistic offensive holding call by Texas referee-Gods and have some more success.
Wow, this is still all hard to believe. This crap is hard to believe for all my nation-wide friends and associates who aren't Cyclones at all. It is a freaking sit. com.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I wouldn't mind if the site "accidentally" went down for a while. It'd get us away from all this hurtful news.

Depending on what type of browser you're using, there may be a feature called "close" that could help you get away from all the hurtful news. I've attached a sketch of what it looks like on Internet Explorer, most other browsers have a similar feature. Just move your pointer over the little "X" in the upper right corner, and click. That might be an easier solution than Jeremy taking down the whole site, but I'm not that familiar with running a website so I could be wrong.

Reactions: Cydkar

ericlambi

Mar 24, 2006
Depending on what type of browser you're using, there may be a feature called "close" that could help you get away from all the hurtful news. I've attached a sketch of what it looks like on Internet Explorer, most other browsers have a similar feature. Just move your pointer over the little "X" in the upper right corner, and click. That might be an easier solution than Jeremy taking down the whole site, but I'm not that familiar with running a website so I could be wrong.

Interesting. Do you right-click or left-click to close the browser?