Joshua Jefferson has committed to Iowa State

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
We know what we got with those three. The best defense in the country. We don't have to predict that.

We do have to predict with the 3 new guys. How important was it that all 3 of the guys last year were in the program for at least 2 years? Do the transfers pick up the defense in one offseason? Strength is important for post defense, but instincts, understanding of angles, and anticipation are also big factors. It sounds like Jefferson might bring those skills. Hopefully Jackson brings the same level of intensity as Jones did on defense. He has a great build, but it doesn't matter if he doesn't have the intangibles. TJ's system has been a great equalizer for us, and I have no doubt that we will have an elite defense. But there might be growing pains. I don't know why that's so controversial in this thread.
I definitely understand what you are saying. What gives me optimism is Jackson came form a statistically solid defense (I haven't watched them so can't commit on it directly) and Jefferson came from a very good defensive program (and is supposedly a very good defender). TJ is upfront with guys and they know what they are getting into. I don't foresee any sort of major drop off there. Even if they are a bit of a drop off from this years group you are still a really ******* good defense.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron