Just a little article on our new FB commit

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Given that "final" list, I like our chances. If wants big time ball, he'll pick ISU or Wisky. In that case, it probably comes down to what type of offense he'd like to be a part of. The spread is the hip thing to do.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Given that "final" list, I like our chances. If wants big time ball, he'll pick ISU or Wisky. In that case, it probably comes down to what type of offense he'd like to be a part of. The spread is the hip thing to do.
correct, any kid with a strong arm wants to go play in a spread offense

minnclone99

Nov 22, 2006
Rompots
Is this the kid with the Giant little brothers? Or is that the guy from Washington, Iowa? That site uses the same software as the rag so I'm confused.

sdcyfan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 12, 2006
Rapid City, SD
Tom is the one who has a younger brother, Derek, that is being recruiting by the Big 12, Big Ten, SEC, and PAC schools. I think Tom is just as good if not better than his little bro, but would REALLY love to see them both end up at ISU. I think he also has a younger brother who is 6'2 220 at the age of 12.

Austin is the QB from Brandon Valley that has been offered by ISU, SDSU, NDSU, and Wisky. Record breaking QB from SD. I really think he'd be a perfect QB for Herman's offense or any offense for that matter. Really talented kid.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Austin is the QB from Brandon Valley that has been offered by ISU, SDSU, NDSU, and Wisky. Record breaking QB from SD. I really think he'd be a perfect QB for Herman's offense or any offense for that matter. Really talented kid.

By the way, do you know when they offered Austin? Some South Dakota people were lamenting a while back why we weren't looking at this kid?

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
My understanding is that once the coaching staff evaluated Tom Farniok, they backed off recruiting Ben Gottschalk from southern California (and 14th ranked center in the country by Rivals). Tom Farniok has a reputation for being tough, hard-nosed, intelligent, and playing till the whistle blows.

As a side note. Some recruiting services have Tom's younger brother Derek ( 6'8" - 308 lbs) listed as one of the top ten offensive tackles (in the country) for the class of 2011.

BigCojones

Aug 24, 2009
Ankeny

That would be sweet if we could land him and Tom's younger brother. Seems like he would be a perfect fit for Herman's offense. Can't believe more big dogs didn't come after him.

sdcyfan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 12, 2006
Rapid City, SD
Austin camped at ISU and has had an offer ever since to my understanding. He's had an offer from South Dakota State and North Dakota State since last fall and ISU and Wisky both offered over the summer. Just what I've heard through people that are close with the Brandon Valley program.

sdcyfan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 12, 2006
Rapid City, SD
One last thing that I'd like to mention is that SD kids almost always get overlooked by D-1 schools. But every year there is 2-3 kids that could play D-1 here in SD. I understand that SD isn't a hot bed for football recruiting and a coach can go to florida or texas and find 5 D-1 prospects at one HS, but the strong point to all of this is that PR and staff are making the extra efforts to find kids no matter where there from. This just is an example of our staff working their tails off at their job and recruiting. We have the right guy for the job and given time he will be really successful here.

Go Cyclones, beat K-State!!!!!

cyclonejk

Jun 20, 2008
Ive heard from a pretty reliable source from the South Dakota State program that SDSU is the only school to have offered Austin so far. The other 3 programs are waiting on his senior game film before offering. They also did mention that the odds are very high that all three schools (NDSU, ISU, Wisconsin) will offer.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Is this the kid with the Giant little brothers? Or is that the guy from Washington, Iowa? That site uses the same software as the rag so I'm confused.

Tom and "little" bro Derek Farniok go to Washington High School in Sioux Falls, SD. The other city schools are Lincoln, Roosevelt and O'Gorman Catholic (which is a very good program). There is talent in SD and I'm glad we're mining it.

This is ancient history but Heelan won a 4A state championship in '82 after losing to both Washington and O'Gorman. Good programs.