J'Vonne Hadley (Curtis Jones' cousin) to have zoom meetings with Iowa State & MSU this week

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Iowa state was 2-22 and landed Brockington, Gabe, etc. Is that why they came? The money?
Hadley is a 4 star transfer. We brought in Tristan Enaruna, Brockington, Gabe, Jaz, Bob Jones and Caleb Grill, hardly an all-star cast. But they were pretty good for a team that won 2 games, I will agree. But credit that to TJ and staff both recruiting and coaching them. Besides, in 2021 there was no money, so it's apples to oranges.

Reactions: NoCreativity

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Iowa state was 2-22 and landed Brockington, Gabe, etc. Is that why they came? The money?
NIL wasn’t available when those guys committed. They were already on campus when the rules changed.

Reactions: Jer

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
This brings up an interesting question. What is competing for a national championship worth? You get a ton more exposure and an experience most players can only dream but as a senior without NBA talent it may be harder to value.

This is why I’m still bullish on landing another great transfer. Plus, Maui trip is also a great bonus.

Note: I don’t like throwing NC and ISU around because we've never been there but by all accounts we are a top 10 team preseason

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
This brings up an interesting question. What is competing for a national championship worth? You get a ton more exposure and an experience most players can only dream but as a senior without NBA talent it may be harder to value.

This is why I’m still bullish on landing another great transfer. Plus, Maui trip is also a great bonus.

Note: I don’t like throwing NC and ISU around because we've never been there but by all accounts we are a top 10 team preseason
Here's a paper that gives some info. Some obvious limitations but it is a start to answering your question.