K-State game in 2025 in Ireland (CONFIRMED)

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Maybe Blum is mistaken (or I misunderstood) but he was making it sound like you can only get tickets to the game if you buy a travel package through Aer Lingus or whatever company is putting this on. But I think someone earlier in this thread someone said that's not the case and tickets would be available next year? Anyone know?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Maybe Blum is mistaken (or I misunderstood) but he was making it sound like you can only get tickets to the game if you buy a travel package through Aer Lingus or whatever company is putting this on. But I think someone earlier in this thread someone said that's not the case and tickets would be available next year? Anyone know?
From the official website - https://www.cyclones2ireland.com/tickets/

1714489062046.png

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
you can buy a ticket to the 2024 game right now for $245

demand for ISU/KSU likely more than GT/FSU but point is you should be able to attend game without dropping $$$ on the whole travel package

Reactions: Nor'easter

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
ISU only gets 12,000 tickets, so would expect those will sell out. K St gets 12k too. Rest for locals.
Locals being open to the public on Ticketmaster or whatever they have over there? Because I really doubt 25,000 Dubliners will be attending this game.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
In my continued search for any tangible benefits to this game for... I found this. Not sure if we are getting same "NET" payday.

Another positive: This game will be a money-maker for K-State. Taylor said the Wildcats are expected to net $2.25 million for participating in the game, which is significantly more than they would earn from a traditional home

Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article288185865.html#storylink=cpy
I think the home team gets 2.25M and the away team gets 250K.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
I think the home team gets 2.25M and the away team gets 250K.
The article describes the 2.25M for KSU as "NET", which I assume includes the loss of ticket sales, concessions, additional travel costs (sounds like Aer Lingus may cover a lot of these) and ancillary administrative costs.

Are you saying the gross payout is 2.25M and 250k or that is the NET financial benefit to each school?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
The article describes the 2.25M for KSU as "NET", which I assume includes the loss of ticket sales, concessions, additional travel costs (sounds like Aer Lingus may cover a lot of these) and ancillary administrative costs.

Are you saying the gross payout is 2.25M and 250k or that is the NET financial benefit to each school?
I am searching for the article for a different year.

Essentially it was $6M in payments across the whole event.

$3.5M was logistical and getting the teams there, hotels, security, transport, events whatever. Then $2.5M was payments with that vast majority going to the team giving up the home game.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Yeah, have driven in England. Australia and New Zealand. After first 10 mile or so, am good to go, except turn signals, am invariably turning on windscreen (LOL) wipers and have to correct to turn signals!

Edit: Every time it elicits a ****, F**k, or damn, wife says calm down!:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
I did that! Also walked to the wrong side of the car to get in to drive, and also reached to start the car where our button would be at home.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron