K-State game in 2025 in Ireland (CONFIRMED)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If other schools started jumping off cliffs would we do that?

This is a horrible idea. I laugh at college basketball PA people who have to yell into the mic to get fans excited.

LOL Texas has one of those hype men DJ deals, it was ok I guess. I didn't really love it I'd rather let the place make its own atmosphere.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
LOL, Yeah I have, and she would say to go, But to Europe. I just couldnt. Whether she said to go or not. I would feel pretty bad, not going together.

Yeah I completely understand that, too. I might consider this Ireland trip without mine, but only because she gets to go to Italy with our oldest this summer.

Most likely I'll tally up the cost of everything & decide on a family vacay somewhere the kids would enjoy instead.

Reactions: 2speedy1

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
Has Iowa State ever played a game on foreign soil? A quick glance through the record books is showing me no evidence of a similar trip, official or not.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
So uh how much would a week in Ireland cost
You can get some relatively "cheap" flights to Dublin from Boston and NYC I think. You have to get to the east coast first. But flying across the ocean to Ireland isn't much more than flying from Des Moines to the east coast. But I'm on the east coast already so that helps. And hotels look comparable to Des Moines if not cheaper. The dollar is still beating the euro right now I think so that might be helping.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
You can get some relatively "cheap" flights to Dublin from Boston and NYC I think. You have to get to the east coast first. But flying across the ocean to Ireland isn't much more than flying from Des Moines to the east coast. But I'm on the east coast already so that helps. And hotels look comparable to Des Moines if not cheaper. The dollar is still beating the euro right now I think so that might be helping.
Nevermind it looks even cheaper from Chicago. I'm seeing round trip tickets for one under $600.

CYFanKC

Aug 8, 2023
We flew non stop from Chicago eight years ago. 3-4 days in Dublin is plenty but why not see the rest of the country? And BTW, Guinness is indeed the best when it’s fresh!
Went to Dublin this last fall and really enjoyed it. But yes, Guiness from their factory is as good as they say