Lawrence Cager from Miami officially visiting Iowa State

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Agreed. He won't be as good as Butler, but we need an experienced, big guy to fill that role. I think he can do pretty dang well with Purdy.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Good God.
Agree.

Came into a football thread and heard more basketball complaining.... Sigh. The season is not over, far from it. Give this team more time before you pass judgment. They could go on a great run and then many of you that jumped off the cliff will probably be the first back on here telling everyone how good the team is. I wouldn't be surprised if they win at Tech tomorrow.

Anyway, sounds like this Cager would be a huge pick up! Hope he chooses the good guys!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Agree.

Came into a football thread and heard more basketball complaining.... Sigh. The season is not over, far from it. Give this team more time before you pass judgment. They could go on a great run and then many of you that jumped off the cliff will probably be the first back on here telling everyone how good the team is. I wouldn't be surprised if they win at Tech tomorrow.

Anyway, sounds like this Cager would be a huge pick up! Hope he chooses the good guys!

On the basketball front the Washington posts bracketology has us as a 6 seed in Des Moines.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Tough competition but hopefully we can show him video of how we have used, and are used to using, big receivers like Lazard and Butler. Certainly is our best selling point especially since, per previous thread, he seems to be transferring because he was underutilized or had a bad QB.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
The OWH also put an article out yesterday about what Nebraska needs to do to close the gap between them and Clemson for this upcoming season...
I'd like to assume they're talking about closing it a little, but with Nebbie football, you never know about their expectations.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Husker fans still think their football program is still relevant, so, I mean....

They were much better at the end of last season than to start -- I will admit that is not saying much, on the other hand, considering where they started.

Long-term, however, there's room in the "ecosystem" for one nationally-competitive team in the Big Ten West (or maybe more generally between Chicago and Denver). I see no reason that team could not be Nebraska in the Big Ten instead of the Iowa and Wisconsin of the past half-decade -- and Iowa State instead of Kansas State in the Big 12.

There is a niche for them there, just as there is for us.

:)

• Agree
Reactions: k123

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Miami' QB was brutal this year, so a dose of Purdy, might be what this kid needs.
His hands sometimes fail him, not unlike Butler, but the frame is definitely there.