Motel rooms for K-State game

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Man, am I having trouble getting motel rooms for the K-State game. Yep, I should have started last year, but I didn't and now I'm paying for it.

Has anyone got any great ideas? I'm at my wit's end.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
Although if Arrowhead doesn't get done like I had heard last that would leave all of the people who bought hotels through hotwire staying in Kansas City for a game that may not be in town right?

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Man, am I having trouble getting motel rooms for the K-State game. Yep, I should have started last year, but I didn't and now I'm paying for it.

My son just bought a house in KC and wants us all to stay there during that weekend which means I need to unload the rooms I have currently (3 star Sheraton at $49/night).

Last edited:

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
Although if Arrowhead doesn't get done like I had heard last that would leave all of the people who bought hotels through hotwire staying in Kansas City for a game that may not be in town right?

The strike problems have been taken care of and the stadium will be done on time. Can't wait to see what the new Arrowhead looks like I went to the new K on opening day and it was awesome.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
The strike problems have been taken care of and the stadium will be done on time. Can't wait to see what the new Arrowhead looks like I went to the new K on opening day and it was awesome.

The outside of the K sucks...the inside however....:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Arrowhead looks a LOT different than it used to on the outside. Can't wait to see the completed product. :yes:

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com

find one 30-60(or a little further) miles from arrowheads?

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I think friends of mine just booked at the Sheraton Sports Complex this last week for cheap.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I just want to pass a warning of what happened to us at one of the hotels near Arrowhead back in '02 at the Eddie Robinson game.

We had reservations for 3 or 4 rooms I made the previous year - pretty much when the announcement of the game came out. About 2 or 3 weeks before the game, I get a letter stating that they can't honor my reservation due to some remodelling. Turns out there was also convention in town and they were honoring those contracts ahead of the earlier reservations. They wanted to relocate us out in Blue Mound or some such place - about 20-30 miles away, whereever it was. After many phone calls and heated conversations - they "found" room for us.

It was one of the hotels across from the stadium. I don't want to name names, let's just say it rhymes with Holiday Gin.

I suggest to all to keep tabs on their reservations and confirm periodically.

As for recommendations - do a search for Bed and Breakfasts in KC. I did a few weeks and found quite a few. Most are reasonably priced. Even a couple down in the Plaza/Westport area.