nebraska fans about bates

scottieisu1

Apr 14, 2008
Bondurant, Iowa
we were at Worlds of fun in KC and there was a family from the omaha area and we started talking football and they said that some people in Nebraska were still mad about Bates coming to ISU. I think that is funny. We are going to see more great things from bates this year and it WILL be at QB.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
we were at Worlds of fun in KC and there was a family from the omaha area and we started talking football and they said that some people in Nebraska were still mad about Bates coming to ISU. I think that is funny. We are going to see more great things from bates this year and it WILL be at QB.

Funny how you came to that conclusion after having a discussion about him with after having a conversation with an unconnected family.

Personally, I want the best QB playing, not the one that is the leader of a popularity contest. If that's Bates, great. If it's Arnaud, great.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Funny how you came to that conclusion after having a discussion about him with after having a conversation with an unconnected family.

Personally, I want the best QB playing, not the one that is the leader of a popularity contest. If that's Bates, great. If it's Arnaud, great.

Thanks Debbie Downer....:daydreaming:

scottieisu1

Apr 14, 2008
Bondurant, Iowa
I agree, best player at each position. i will throw in that i had an in depth conversation with a grand son of a good friend that played against him. He raved about his talent.

That conversation was last year before he "answered the prayer" during the Iowa game.

rahtotheames

Aug 3, 2006
I agree, best player at each position. i will throw in that i had an in depth conversation with a grand son of a good friend that played against him. He raved about his talent.

That conversation was last year before he "answered the prayer" during the Iowa game.
So a 20-something year old has a grand son? And you had an in-depth conversation with him?

Very interesting...

scottieisu1

Apr 14, 2008
Bondurant, Iowa
sounds like a few of us, myself included need hooked on phonics.

A friend of mine's grandson is playing football in Omaha and he played against Bates.

Clear as mud?:wink:

does that make more sense?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Come on jdog, lets go get a beer and forget about today.

Last edited:

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
I was working in Lincoln about a month ago doing some tests for a manufacturing company. One of the workers there was wearing an old and rugged ISU baseball cap from the 80's with the bill torn off (looked really funny). I introduced myself as a fellow ISU fan...

He said, "Oh the hat, no... but one of my good friends nephews went to ISU to play football." "Phil....something...." I answered, "Bates?"

"Thats the one... maaaan that kid could ball... How he isn't wearing a Husker uniform is beyond me."

Not the best story ever... He was a really nice guy though.