New Uniforms Revealed

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I really wish any of those reddish colors were our actual cardinal color... then maybe they'd look better.
I'm not going to get into the stupid what color is cardinal debate....my point wasn't about the color it was about the logo, obviously it looked good in white, black and gold as well. Pick your favorite shade of "cardinal" and go with that.

goldmember

May 31, 2006
If you like the updated 80's tornado logo (And you should), listen to the Oct 4th, 2017 episode 33 of the Moonlight Graham podcast. Your blood will boil at the incompetence within our branding/logo/merchandising Department. An ISU Alum & Graphics Designer pretty much offered his services for free.

Draf

Jun 8, 2017
If you like the updated 80's tornado logo (And you should), listen to the Oct 4th, 2017 episode 33 of the Moonlight Graham podcast. Your blood will boil at the incompetence within our branding/logo/merchandising Department. An ISU Alum & Graphics Designer pretty much offered his services for free.
The design he came up with is the one I used on my avatar photo/helmet. It is spot on for a Cyclone design, especially for a helmet.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

tolstoy

Aug 17, 2016
They don’t show the logo part of the helmet in that video. Could there be a surprise waiting for us on Saturday?

Tolstoy

tolstoy

Aug 17, 2016
Oh, and that forward slanted update or the Ornadomshould totally be on our helmet.

I really like the helmet designs that Cyclones5234 has been posting. One suggestion......I think one reason the tornado and blender logo versions look soo cool is because the logo is oversized. Could you do a stencil I State logo helmet, but do it oversized and a little slanted? Start with white helmet, red mask and red stencil logo?

Tolstoy

Last edited:

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Now that we know Cy-Hawk will be all-cardinal, we can get back to regularly scheduled programming of (a) updated tornado logo and (b) gold uni hopes.

As an example of (b), I thought these Ankeny High School uniforms with white helmet looked sharp. Their red is a bit darker than ours, but I think gold unis would be a better possibility now that we don't have the double 'collegiate stripes' (I liked those Chizik/Rhoads era uniforms too, but the cardinal stripes were a bit dominant on the old gold jersey attempts)...in that like these, the cardinal would now be mostly limited to numbers and small arm/leg accents.

More pics here: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/p...ing-valley-ankeny-johnston-iahsfb/2238499001/
upload_2019-9-12_7-59-0.png

Reactions: Cy37

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Question for the Athletic Dept marketing team:
When we experimented (and failed because it hasn't been used since) why did we go with the bugle tornado instead of going with the old tornado Cy but just remove Cy?

br-jpg.66606

Picture this tornado without Cy as a secondary logo. I'd be in. Any photoshoppers out there that could mock one up?

• Agree
Reactions: cykee05

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Now that we know Cy-Hawk will be all-cardinal, we can get back to regularly scheduled programming of (a) updated tornado logo and (b) gold uni hopes.

As an example of (b), I thought these Ankeny High School uniforms with white helmet looked sharp. Their red is a bit darker than ours, but I think gold unis would be a better possibility now that we don't have the double 'collegiate stripes' (I liked those Chizik/Rhoads era uniforms too, but the cardinal stripes were a bit dominant on the old gold jersey attempts)...in that like these, the cardinal would now be mostly limited to numbers and small arm/leg accents.

More pics here: https://www.desmoinesregister.com/p...ing-valley-ankeny-johnston-iahsfb/2238499001/
View attachment 66628

• Funny
Reactions: k123

Cyclone5234

Nov 29, 2018
Indiana
YES, that is exactly what I was talking about! That little tweak in slant. LOVE IT. The little updates that have been done like this really should be sent to Pollard to show how its different enough to distinguish it from what he calls the dark times in ISU football, but still classic enough and simple and still directly related to that retro logo.
I really think this is a winner for a secondary "Tornado/Cyclone" mark. At least that is my opinion.
When we experimented (and failed because it hasn't been used since) why did we go with the bugle tornado instead of going with the old tornado Cy but just remove Cy?
Picture this tornado without Cy as a secondary logo. I'd be in. Any photoshoppers out there that could mock one up?

I had the same thought. This is something I threw together a while ago.
birdless.JPG

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I had the same thought. This is something I threw together a while ago.
View attachment 66629
People that don’t like variations of blender Cy just don’t know what they are talking about. Just removing the blue makes it a great logo. This looks really cool too. We have some great bases for tornado logos we just have to use them.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

br-jpg.66606

I think it’s been established in this thread that the team at ISU has a history of poor decisions regarding branding and logos.

UpsideDownPoopEmoji

Sep 11, 2019

br-jpg.66606

42912.jpg