New Uniforms Revealed

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I still do not like the "ketchup bottle" look.

But that is a nice, straightforward look for Senior Day.

So it's all-cardinal for KU, then.

That means we didn't use W-C-W at home this season, correct?

I think this is what we have for JTS games '19:
UNI C-C-W
Iowa C-C-C
ULM W-C-C
TCU W-B-W
OSU B-C-C
UT B-B-B
KU C-C-C
The all cardinal seems to be signature now, at least one, usually two x per year. Since we did the monochrome or no color two x this year I guess the w/c/w suffers and gets left out and we do c/c/c again for 2x. Too bad since it is a good look.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The all cardinal seems to be signature now, at least one, usually two x per year. Since we did the monochrome or no color two x this year I guess the w/c/w suffers and gets left out and we do c/c/c again for 2x. Too bad since it is a good look.

Agree. The W-C-W is a reliable entry in the rotation, I think. It's far better than C-C-W (that still looks mismatched/imbalanced to me).

bigbert41

Jan 29, 2015
Really hoping to see chrome this week. If not the helmet, I think it would look really good for the face mask with the white helmet. Strange how they showed it off prior to the season and haven't utilized it once.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

A few games ago, I noticed Brock Purdy had an Arizona flag on his helmet, then noticed that everyone seemed to have their state flag on their helmets. How long have we been doing this? Whose idea was it? And do other teams do it? I don't recall seeing it anywhere else (of course, I didn't even see ours until a few weeks ago).

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
A few games ago, I noticed Brock Purdy had an Arizona flag on his helmet, then noticed that everyone seemed to have their state flag on their helmets. How long have we been doing this? Whose idea was it? And do other teams do it? I don't recall seeing it anywhere else (of course, I didn't even see ours until a few weeks ago).
Believe this is the 1st year we started to put the players home-state flag on the back of the helmet. I've seen other teams do a players hometown Area Code but can't recall seeing the home state flag.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Believe this is the 1st year we started to put the players home-state flag on the back of the helmet. I've seen other teams do a players hometown Area Code but can't recall seeing the home state flag.

That was a "big thing" we started before this year.

• Winner
Reactions: TXCyclones

CyLoboClone

Oct 15, 2009
Albuquerque
^you say omg, but the integration of the numbers reminds me of our Trice throwbacks and how the white stood out as completely inappropriate since it was the only white in the kit. If we had gold numbering like this kit, it would have been pretty damn spot on.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Looks sharp, but I feel like we lose almost every time we wear the chrome domes.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Love this combo. Now I'm really intrigued by what we'll wear in the bowl game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron