New Uniforms Revealed

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Well, alrighty then. If we're going to be voicing our brutally honest opinions.... this is how you do a mock up of possible uniforms.....

Not like this.....

Just my opinion. I'm sure there are others that like it.

Now now gentlemen. There is still basketball, no need for off-season slap fights yet.....
upload_2019-1-17_12-56-27.png

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The black collar is representative of the black collar of a cardinal, a tribute to the greatest mascot in the nation, Cy the Cardinal.

We're silently judging you.

NOCA.jpg

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Well, alrighty then. If we're going to be voicing our brutally honest opinions.... this is how you do a mock up of possible uniforms.....

isu_football_side_concept19-jpg.56165
Really? That ship has sailed long ago don't you think? But we can all say how much we want that design, and keep saying it ad infinitum if that is what you want.

As far my ideas or designs, I never said I was good at it, getting better yes, an interest yes. You can look at and contribute or ignore as you wish.

I might have over-reacted to your opinion, for that I apologize. But I thought your comment that "you cannot justify black collar on red jersey at all" was a little over the top, and deserved a retort.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Really? That ship has sailed long ago don't you think? But we can all say how much we want that design, and keep saying it ad infinitum if that is what you want.

As far my ideas or designs, I never said I was good at it, getting better yes, an interest yes. You can look at and contribute or ignore as you wish.

I might have over-reacted to your opinion, for that I apologize. But I thought your comment that "you cannot justify black collar on red jersey at all" was a little over the top, and deserved a retort.

Sorry for me being so chippy. I wasn't in a good mood at all when I read your post.

You do a fine job, and it does give a little bit of an idea what different combos might look like, I just prefer taking an actual picture of a football player and photoshopping different ideas on it like Amestoplease does, but I know that is VERY difficult to do.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Sorry for me being so chippy. I wasn't in a good mood at all when I read your post.

You do a fine job, and it does give a little bit of an idea what different combos might look like, I just prefer taking an actual picture of a football player and photoshopping different ideas on it like Amestoplease does, but I know that is VERY difficult to do.
Not a problem, and I usually try not to be negative toward people, especially fellow Cyclones, sorry 'bout that. I just did quite a bit of work on the black collar with what I thought might be a good idea/compromise, and then to have it shot down. I would not make a good politician or salesperson; rejection is never easy.

But actually you, and some others have made me again re-think the black collar. The red/gold one does look better!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Not a problem, and I usually try not to be negative toward people, especially fellow Cyclones, sorry 'bout that. I just did quite a bit of work on the black collar with what I thought might be a good idea/compromise, and then to have it shot down. I would not make a good politician or salesperson; rejection is never easy.

But actually you, and some others have made me again re-think the black collar. The red/gold one does look better!

Everyone will always have differing opinions when it comes to uniforms, we all know that. So no biggie.

I just don't care at all for the black collar. I like the looks of the all black uniform, but I still don't care for it for Iowa State, but it's growing a little bit on me.

I just think Minnesota really has nailed their uniforms and have a look that I wish we had done. They have a maroon, gold, white, and gray option I believe in helmets, jerseys, and pants.... and they have white included more in their uniforms overall as well.

8154425.jpg

624449336.0.jpg

white-profile.jpg

A002C028_180126_R4B3.mov.12_21_46_03.Still001.jpg

maroon-top-white-pant.jpg

I just prefer those to these, that's all.......

5b631e2b8ea82f94598b4697-750-446.jpg

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Everyone will always have differing opinions when it comes to uniforms, we all know that. So no biggie.

I just don't care at all for the black collar. I like the looks of the all black uniform, but I still don't care for it for Iowa State, but it's growing a little bit on me.

I just think Minnesota really has nailed their uniforms and have a look that I wish we had done. They have a maroon, gold, white, and gray option I believe in helmets, jerseys, and pants.... and they have white included more in their uniforms overall as well.

8154425.jpg

624449336.0.jpg

white-profile.jpg

A002C028_180126_R4B3.mov.12_21_46_03.Still001.jpg

maroon-top-white-pant.jpg

I just prefer those to these, that's all.......

5b631e2b8ea82f94598b4697-750-446.jpg

Are there a couple of elements to Minny's unis that are nice? Sure, maybe. But overall they're fugly. Especially the yellow gloves with the gray unis. And the gold lids with the gray uni looks stupid. I do like their yellow helmet w/ yellow shirt. I guess I just hate the gold/chrome helmet entirely. I like our combos better.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yes! Thanks.

I do think the gold-cardinal-cardinal you did with that other set looks sharp, too. I could live with that just as well.
I've been struggling with the black collar, trying to justify it, etc. Part of me just didn't mind it too much, wanted to support the Coach, etc. I liked the addition of black (in moderation) and the black collar seemed an extension of that.

You guys are right though. It might look better if we just got rid of it, atleast in front. [Thankyou @cyclones500 and @clonedude]

A compromise I suppose, would be to keep the collar black in the rear, if it would appease the Coach (him wanting black in the collar). Is it all or nothing? If Coach insists on staying black in the collar, 2-tone black would then be another compromise? Comments?
Cy Uniforms 2018  v12y - y r y  Std ISt2 Redface RedSocks RedCol1BlkColRear CY.png Cy Uniforms 2018  s12ya - y r y  Std ISt2 Redface RedSocks BlkCol1 CY.jpg Cy Uniforms 2018  u12ya - y r y  Std ISt2 Redface RedSocks RedYelCol1 CY.jpg

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Here are 4 of my favorite cardinal combos, with a new red/gold collar.
Cy Uniforms 2018  q18a 2020 unis Home CY.jpg