New Uniforms Revealed

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
What about a white outline on the numbers? Or white numbers with yellow outline?

I don't think any white is needed...unless they want to pair with the white paints again and not look like the JV squad. Some white on top would better coordinate the tops with the white pants in that case.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What about a white outline on the numbers? Or white numbers with yellow outline?

This is my wish also.
What is by far the sharpest looking color? White. It's not even close. Look how much everyone loves our white uniforms.

So why not have some of it in our home cardinal uniforms? I think that's what I like the most about Minny's uniforms. They really use white in everything, and it looks sharp IMO.

As an example, let's look at GB's home uniform jersey. How much worse would this look with just solid yellow numbers instead of white? That would be awful.

DduqjEtVAAA7mDC.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8 and SC Cy

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Are there a couple of elements to Minny's unis that are nice? Sure, maybe. But overall they're fugly. Especially the yellow gloves with the gray unis. And the gold lids with the gray uni looks stupid. I do like their yellow helmet w/ yellow shirt. I guess I just hate the gold/chrome helmet entirely. I like our combos better.

That's close to my assessment. A few of them look good, but seem a little all-over-the-map. I have nitpicks about ISU's design, but I think it's tightly conceptualized and adaptable.

You mention the gold helmet/gray on Minnesota's, agree, that doesn't do it for me at all. One of the worst things is chrome-gold lid paired with yellow gloves and white numerals. It looks "thrown together."

UM worst.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: TXCyclones

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
That's close to my assessment. A few of them look good, but seem a little all-over-the-map. I have nitpicks about ISU's design, but I think it's tightly conceptualized and adaptable.

You mention the gold helmet/gray on Minnesota's, agree, that doesn't do it for me at all. One of the worst things is chrome-gold lid paired with yellow gloves and white numerals. It looks "thrown together."

View attachment 61777

I love the Minny uniforms, but agree that the gray is not very good, and especially not with that gold chrome helmet.... yuck. I was mostly talking about their maroon, gold, and white combos.

I'm an anti-chrome helmet overall though. I haven't liked very many of them, including ISU's.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I've tried it. I didn't think it looked too good. My opinion for sure. It changes the whole look and design. For the most part, I like the present design and am trying to make suggestions or post ideas w/in that framework.

I'll try to work up something though and post, to show people what it might look like.

I don't think any white is needed...unless they want to pair with the white paints again and not look like the JV squad. Some white on top would better coordinate the tops with the white pants in that case.
Agree.

This is my wish also.
What is by far the sharpest looking color? White. It's not even close. Look how much everyone loves our white uniforms.

So why not have some of it in our home cardinal uniforms? I think that's what I like the most about Minny's uniforms. They really use white in everything, and it looks sharp IMO.

As an example, let's look at GB's home uniform jersey. How much worse would this look with just solid yellow numbers instead of white? That would be awful.
Not really liking most of Minny's look. You are so right clonedude; uniforms are so subjective!

Interestingly, the Minny look the I like the best, of clonedude's recent posts here, is the gold one!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Mods, can we have a new "uniform idea' thread and keep this for actual uniform changes?
I generally agree w/ this. This thread here is sort of ongoing isn't it? I'm trying to stay w/in the current uniform design, which I think correlates to the original post way back when.

Complete new uniform ideas should probably be in a different thread. I won't start that thread for 2 reasons: 1. I'd get eaten alive, remembering some of my past dumb ideas, 2. I like the current uniforms, and just think it needs a bit of tweaking to maybe make it better, and to add a gold set.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I generally agree w/ this. This thread here is sort of ongoing isn't it? I'm trying to stay w/in the current uniform design, which I think correlates to the original post way back when.

Complete new uniform ideas should probably be in a different thread. I won't start that thread for 2 reasons: 1. I'd get eaten alive, remembering some of my past dumb ideas, 2. I like the current uniforms, and just think it needs a bit of tweaking to maybe make it better, and to add a gold set.

I have mixed feelings between starting a separate thread vs. keeping everything in New Uniforms Revealed. I understand frustration for fans who see the thread is updated and assume something official has been added, when it's mostly concepts for tweaks or alts for the current design.

On the other hand, starting a new thread could seem redundant. The title could be more accurate than "new uniforms revealed (such as "Additions or tweaks to current uniforms"),

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014

Wasnt there another thread before for uniform ideas, then this one came out and all things uniforms moved here?

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I've tried it. I didn't think it looked too good. My opinion for sure. It changes the whole look and design. For the most part, I like the present design and am trying to make suggestions or post ideas w/in that framework.

I'll try to work up something though and post, to show people what it might look like.

Agree.

Not really liking most of Minny's look. You are so right clonedude; uniforms are so subjective!

Interestingly, the Minny look the I like the best, of clonedude's recent posts here, is the gold one!

If we had white numbers, or even white trim around gold numbers, there would have to be some other obvious changes as well to make it look good. For instance, probably some white piping somewhere on the shoulders or sleeves, some gold and white stripes or something on the cardinal pants, and maybe also some gold and white stripes down the middle of the helmet too, in order to tie it together.

No way all of that happens, I know, so we're stuck with what we have. Maybe we could at least add a gold helmet, gold pants, and maybe some kind of striping on pants to tie in with jersey?

Cyclone5234

Nov 29, 2018
Indiana
I really like this. Not to critique, but just out of curiosity what would it look like with the red on the collar being the dark red that outlines the numbers? Maybe even make the collar a bit more swoopy like the number font?
Swosh.jpg
Collar dark.jpg
Do you guys think this is for real, something they might go to? Or just a mock-up from people like me who don't really have a say?

If it is real, yes I think a darker shade of red should be used in the collar, for contrast. Kind of like what I tried to do.
Dark red.jpg

I just like to do this sort of Photoshop for fun. I have no problem with the current uniforms, and I realize they don't really matter. I'll follow whatever others say about the thread.

Attachments

• Dark red.jpg
    Dark red.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 4
  • collar2.jpg
    collar2.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 5

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
View attachment 61846
View attachment 61850

View attachment 61847

I just like to do this sort of Photoshop for fun. I have no problem with the current uniforms, and I realize they don't really matter. I'll follow whatever others say about the thread.
Love your last one here. That's what I wish they would do. [I think my cardinal shade is a bit too dark; yours might be a bit too red. Immaterial though as we are not talking about changing the current cardinal color]

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Before / After
Cy Uniforms 2019  z1a - r r r  RedChrHel StdISt RedSocks AllBlkCollCY.jpg Cy Uniforms 2019  b1a - r r r  RedChrHel StdISt RedSocks RedCol4DetailCY.jpg
Black collar no change vs. Darker Red collar. In pic 2 the red collar has no black in it at all, but gives the illusion that it is black in the rear. The darker shade of red in front meets the even darker shade of red in the rear right at the apex of the shoulder. Don't know if they would even consider doing this, or even if they could w/ the fabric and sewing. If they could I think it would look great, and would solve the black collar problem.

I don't think they would do this though or even consider it, unfortunately, just a gut feeling. So I think they will stay with the black collar. Oh well, not the end of the world.

Help Support Us

Become a patron