newcomers making an impact?

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
i'm just curious to see who you think the top newcomers will be this year?
bo and schwartz are the obvious choices, but who out of the new players will really suprise people this year? i am looking through the roster, and i really don't see anyone who will get much playing time. i think we got some young DBs with potential, but we already have enough of those. i think LB is where we could possibly see someone new step up. is this Matt Taufoou guy supposed to be any good?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
For actual newcomers (not on the team last year), I would pick Sims and Reynolds. If you are talking redshirts too, I'd take Sims and Bo Williams.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Didn't we bring in a JUCO safety that was supposed to challenge for playing time or am I thinking wrong?

If there are newcomers that have a chance to contribute then I think it'll have to be on the defensive side of the ball. Other than the two RB's, the offense seems pretty solid and it'll take a special kid to earn a starting spot. On defense there are potential spots to earn time anywhere in the front seven.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
David Sims is the safety. I expect him to start next to James Smith--because there simply is nobody else. I would expect Money Reynolds to be used on returns--and any other way they can get him onto the field, including the WildCy formation.

Among the true freshmen, I'm not sure who's going to have an impact, but I'd expect Roosevelt Maggitt, one of the the redshirts, to have a role as a situational pass rusher.