NO FANS AT CYCLONE GAMES?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
From a Harvard Global Health institute site. Big 12 and SEC rocking it for risk levels based on cases and deaths. The Big 10 looks better even though they are maybe leading the way to opting out. Kinda surprised Texas and Cali don't get a red but I am guessing that's due to yuge populations. They seem on their way to red.

covid risk map july 9.png

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Well, I have been trapped in a time/space continuum distortion for decades now. Sometimes it's 1968 than 1995 than 2020.
I hear you, I hear you so well I could hear a pin drop through the line. :)

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
From a Harvard Global Health institute site. Big 12 and SEC rocking it for risk levels based on cases and deaths. The Big 10 looks better even though they are maybe leading the way to opting out. Kinda surprised Texas and Cali don't get a red but I am guessing that's due to yuge populations. They seem on their way to red.

View attachment 73417
We look like an island in a sea of yellow.
Not a good island.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
How do testing numbers compare over those weeks? Case numbers alone are misleading. For example, I believe yesterday was a new record for the number of tests done in the state.

No doubt cases are increasing slowly, I'm not arguing that. But just showing positive test numbers isn't reliable.
Testing numbers have been pretty steady for the last month or so.

Reactions: isutrevman

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
744 new cases today in Iowa.

Yeah the rate of increase is definitely alarming and doesn't appear to be slowing down. Death rates are at least not increasing yet though it's a lagging indicator so will really know in two weeks or so.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Yeah the rate of increase is definitely alarming and doesn't appear to be slowing down. Death rates are at least no increasing yet though it's a lagging indicator so will really know in two weeks or so.
Starting to see hospitalizations and ICU numbers tick back up. They were at their lowest a couple weeks ago. Positivity rate is starting to go up as well. Starting to get some 7% numbers this past week where as a couple weeks ago we were down to about 4%.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Testing isn't the issue. How the statistics are portrayed by the Media is.

Do you mean the media that reports things that are happening like overwhelmed hospitals and no ICU beds available, and shortages on testing and PPES?

What has been the national plan for those things since the spring?

We were told that testing shouldn't happen because it would mean no cases.

Reactions: Macloney

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
We look like an island in a sea of yellow.
Not a good island.

Not sure how Minnesota is still "yellow". Peeps are generally not bad on the mask front while in stores but it's getting more crowded in retail outlets. And driving about yesterday saw lots of people dining outdoors. Actually more than I'd expect on a Thursday afternoon although I'd guess folks were opting for outdoor and not inside. Great timing this summer for reopening an old drive-in on Hwy 7. Was busy as heck and than starting doing walkup and is now closed temporarily because employee(s) got sick.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Testing isn't the issue. How the statistics are portrayed by the Media is.

Speaking of which, yeah those 15,000 positive tests on Sunday in Florida. Questionable at best. Oops, darn decimal points in the wrong place.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/f...s-have-not-reported-negative-covid-19-results

Countless labs have reported a 100 percent positivity rate, which means every single person tested was positive. Other labs had very high positivity rates. FOX 35 News found that testing sites like one local Centra Care reported that 83 people were tested and all tested positive. Then, NCF Diagnostics in Alachua reported 88 percent of tests were positive.

The report showed that Orlando Health had a 98 percent positivity rate. However, when FOX 35 News contacted the hospital, they confirmed errors in the report. Orlando Health's positivity rate is only 9.4 percent, not 98 percent as in the report.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

Or the important part:

Ec5O_3fWkAgFGxB
Ec5O_3fWkAgFGxB

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Speaking of which, yeah those 15,000 positive tests on Sunday in Florida. Questionable at best. Oops, darn decimal points in the wrong place.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/f...s-have-not-reported-negative-covid-19-results

Countless labs have reported a 100 percent positivity rate, which means every single person tested was positive. Other labs had very high positivity rates. FOX 35 News found that testing sites like one local Centra Care reported that 83 people were tested and all tested positive. Then, NCF Diagnostics in Alachua reported 88 percent of tests were positive.

The report showed that Orlando Health had a 98 percent positivity rate. However, when FOX 35 News contacted the hospital, they confirmed errors in the report. Orlando Health's positivity rate is only 9.4 percent, not 98 percent as in the report.

Should we put a decimal point somewhere in today's 132 reported deaths in Florida too so we can continue to downplay it further?