OFF THE RECORD: ISU recruiting coordinator/TE's coach Alex Golesh

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
Great listen. Really enjoyed the discussion about the favorable perception of the program around the country. Having guys like Alex represent ISU helps that cause.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Javinegli

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2013
Des Moines, IA
These are a great collection of podcasts. I enjoy that they are only done a few times a year to keep the conversations genuine.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I wouldn't have minded a wee bit more insight into the class so far (I think Treiber just might be a beast), but I can't complain at all. Really enjoyed it, CW!

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Very fun to listen to and loved the perspectives on how recruits only know what’s happened lately. I tend to forget that recruits don’t really care about our past struggles because they don’t really know about them

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Very fun to listen to and loved the perspectives on how recruits only know what’s happened lately. I tend to forget that recruits don’t really care about our past struggles because they don’t really know about them
It reminds me of a 17ish year old kid I train over here in Chicago. We were talking about ISU’s football season and he made the comment “Iowa State always wins at least 8 games per season.”
I didn’t correct him because that poor kid didn’t need to hear the truth.
But yeah, it helps prove the point that a lot of HS aged kids don’t have college football memories that go back more than 1-2 years since most didn’t start following college football until very recently.

Reactions: cyclones12321