*** Official #16 IOWA STATE VS #15 Texas Game(Day) Thread ***

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
6-5 with hopefully a winnable bowl game against a MAC team. Making great progress but still a lot of work to be done in game. Ending the losing streak against KState would be another huge win and accomplishment for this season.

Switching to rum to accentuate the positive.

Go Clones!
We are 6-4. Still have a lot to play for. I will be at the Jack next Saturday. Love this team.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'm more angry I spent 50 bucks at the bar to watch us play so ******. Disappointed in the execution and just general lack of attention to detail. We didn't even look like the same team tonight.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
All posters shitting on this staff can GTFO.

I refuse to bash this team after the ride they have given us fans this year.

The offensive play calling and designs have been a problem all year. In fact, they haven't been great for a long time. It has shown up more in some games than others. They just need one more person. A good coach will be able to see that. Many ok coaches will refuse and get defensive.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I agree, however, someone on our staff does need to go back to Football 101 class and learn how to beat a blitz.... it's not that difficult to understand, but obviously nobody on our current staff knows how to do it. I don't understand why every team we play doesn't just bring the blitz on every down like Texas? I'm sure KSU will now, I'm guessing we still won't know how to beat it.
I think the problem is Purdy doesn't have audible over ride permission and he is being told what to do, which is obvious because they always check to the side lines for their reads. Need to get Brock up to speed on blitz's so we can gash them with easy hot routes.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Beat KSU, then I-Word if that stays on. We get to a better bowl than last season. Win that & we will have made very good progress & exceeded expectations. A win tonight would have catapulted us beyond any expectations but it wasn’t in the cards.

Obviously to get there we will need immense OL improvement, from within &/or maybe with bringing in immediate help (JC lineman?).

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Man it was a bad game. Teams have letdowns it happens. Our true freshman QB that had been playing lights out had a lot thrown at him. People need to calm down. Does it suck ? H*** yes it does, but us getting this upset in November means something. Football is winning let’s enjoy our program on the rise.