***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
all the money in the world can't buy them an interested fanbase and a program identity.
Minnesota has been good in the past. If they win, the fans will show up. Appears they made a mistake in their coaching hire.
I am not predicting success, only that there are enough kids where money is a high priority, and they will soon have lots of cash.
In a couple years we will know how this all plays out.
My opinion .

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Minnesota has been good in the past. If they win, the fans will show up. Appears they made a mistake in their coaching hire.
I am not predicting success, only that there are enough kids where money is a high priority, and they will soon have lots of cash.
In a couple years we will know how this all plays out.
My opinion .

Perhaps it just seems more frequent in the last decade but the hiring of former players thing has really gone poorly at some places and you have to wonder if that dissolves a bit.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Yep!

I know several Gopher fans that grew up in MSP, none are collective donors (Even $5 or small one off).

Vikings

(large gap)

Twins
Wild
Wolves

(large gap)

Loons
Gopher Hockey
Gopher Football

(large gap)

Tie between Gopher Basketball and Lynx
In my 8 years of working for a Minnesota-based company, I agree wholeheartedly with this tier list.

How these people continue with unwavering support of the Vikings the way they do, I will never understand.

Twins, Wild, Wolves, they only care about when they're good.

Loons and UM Hockey/Football are fun environments and cheap tickets.

Complete apathy for Gopher bball

The only time they talk about the Lynx is when somebody pokes fun at the state for having zero championships.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
247 listed the top 150 transfers. Joshua Jefferson is #134. No one else listed.

So maybe our transfers aren't considered top notch. But to me what matters is that they fit our needs. And I'm willing to bet our coaches will develop them into better players than what these analysts predict.

Reactions: NWICY and Cyclad

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
247 listed the top 150 transfers. Joshua Jefferson is #134. No one else listed.

So maybe our transfers aren't considered top notch. But to me what matters is that they fit our needs. And I'm willing to bet our coaches will develop them into better players than what these analysts predict.

Transfer tanking are worse than high school ranking