Official Bowl Watch thread

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
If you assume Texas and OU both get into Big 12 championship and ultimately NY6 bowls (and we are able to beat KSU), then that means we are tied with WVU in Big 12 standings. They would be 8-3 overall. We would be either 7-4 or 8-4 overall (assuming we don’t lay an egg to Incarnate Word).

I’d argue our resume would be nearly identical to WVU. Maybe a slight edge to them (OSU loss > TCU loss).

I’d hope for fair shake at Alamo Bowl.

Reactions: thisISnextyear

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
If you assume Texas and OU both get into Big 12 championship and ultimately NY6 bowls (and we are able to beat KSU), then that means we are tied with WVU in Big 12 standings. They would be 8-3 overall. We would be either 7-4 or 8-4 overall (assuming we don’t lay an egg to Incarnate Word).

I’d argue our resume would be nearly identical to WVU. Maybe a slight edge to them (OSU loss > TCU loss).

The Alamo bowl officials were here for either the Baylor or TT game, they know we will flood San Antonio. If UT and OU are in NY6 the Alamo will take us, STONE COLD LEAD PIPE LOCK!!!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Or we'd get the edge by actually beating west virginia.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Can JP afford to wait and see if IW loses next week, or does he need to get someone else lined up right now? If he can get someone else lined up now, I would do it and tell IW too bad.

As I've said before, I've heard rumblings that there will indeed be a game on Dec 1 in Jack Trice even if it's not IW.

What are these rumblings you speak of?

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Obviously. But we can’t move to the second option until they win.
Discussing a back up option isn’t against a contract. Its like a coach/agent searching for another job when he’s under contract with his current school.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Discussing a back up option isn’t against a contract. Its like a coach/agent searching for another job when he’s under contract with his current school.

I never said that. Clonedude said he’d just go to the backup right now. We obviously cannot do that.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Obviously. But we can’t move to the second option until they win.

I don’t know. The original statement was the contract would be void if UIW made FCS playoffs. It didn’t come out until later that UIW would be willing to still play if they made playoffs and lost first weekend.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron