Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
  • Agree
Reactions: CyTwins and aauummm

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Syracuse doesn’t interest me as well. Has a Rutgers feel from the Pinstripe bowl feel to it. Would prefer NC State. Would really have preferred VT, FSU, or Miami if they were a little better.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Gonna be Alamo, Camping World, or Academy Sports. Just depends if Big12 gets 1 or 2 NY6 bowl teams, and if we get picked over WV or the other way around.

I would love Alamo - best destination for me.
I think Alamo vs. Pac 12 would be far and away the best. What do we have to do to get to SA?

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
OU/Texas into New Years 6--

Hope Alamo selects us over WVU, which I could see happening.

Saw today Sports Illustrated has us projected into Alamo vs Utah.

Yep, need OU to beat WVU. They end the season with two losses in a row. We need to drill KState and pound IW to get ourselves firmly entrenched in the CFP rankings. Hope OU and UT both make NY6, or OU make CFP with UT making NY6. Then an invite from Alamo would be a high probability.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Yep, need OU to beat WVU. They end the season with two losses in a row. We need to drill KState and pound IW to get ourselves firmly entrenched in the CFP rankings. Hope OU and UT both make NY6, or OU make CFP with UT making NY6. Then an invite from Alamo would be a high probability.
Boy, we need a lot to happen, even after we win out.

• Dumb
Reactions: 3TrueFans

egunzy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 16, 2008
Humeston, IA
I am seeing a lot more projections to the Alamo since the Texas loss. I guess the prevailing line of thought is that OU beats WV and then both OU and Texas get NY6 bowls and we get the nod over WV. If it does play out like that (and I hope I does because it is Alamo or bust as far as me being able to go - and I already have booked refundable rooms in San Antonio) I really do think we get the nod over WV because of head to head and the fact that we travel so so well. I honestly do not know how well WV travels but I have to think we have them beat in the department.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Boy, we need a lot to happen, even after we win out.
I feel like this isn't that much of a stretch. Texas is in the Big 12 championship game and as long as OU beats WVU I think there is a shot they both get into a NY6 game. IF Texas beats OU then I think it's a lock

Help Support Us

Become a patron