*** OFFICIAL GUIDE TO VEGAS FOR UNLV 9/18 ***

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
How likely are season ticketholders to get tickets through ISU. I'm a gold level donor for this year. Are most of them gobbled up by higher levels than that normally?
I’m wondering the same thing. Also a gold level and got rooms and flight booked. Hope tickets are still available.

ntxcyclone

Nov 16, 2013
I can’t believe that concert will be there that weekend also. I used to live in Vegas and I can assure you on Saturday afternoon the Fremont area will be a PARKING LOT. If you are staying in that area you had better hang out a few hours before the game closer to the stadium and then get there from there. I used to drive for Lyft very part time and that was the busiest afternoon I can remember. Btw if anyone has any questions about Vegas you can hit me up and I’d love to answer. I can attest the info in the main part of this thread is very good, so definitely use that and take it for very accurate.

• Friendly
Reactions: ISUCyclones2015

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
My wife made fun of me for booking airfare and hotel so far out. Seems like it was a good move

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
My wife made fun of me for booking airfare and hotel so far out. Seems like it was a good move

Booking our room at Mandalay Bay on Black Friday saved around 40% compared to the same booking today. Since we are going out on the 15th airfare was $333 out of DSM round trip.

Reactions: Mr Janny

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
I know you’ve already heard this a bunch of times, but I’ll say it again. Thank you, this is overwhelmingly the most helpful information I’ve ever seen for a trip.

Reactions: je4cy23

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just saw this from Cyclone Liquors:

Update on our charter flight to the UNLV vs. Iowa State game on September 18th in Las Vegas.
Planning on departing Des Moines International Airport mid-morning Thursday, September 16th and returning from Las Vegas mid-morning Sunday, September 19th. Official flight times to come.

Package pricing* is as follows:
- Single Occupancy $1,499 per person
- Double Occupancy $1,299 per person
- Triple Occupancy $1,099 per person
- Quadruple Occupancy $999 per person

Includes charter flight, (3 night stay) hotel room at Mandalay Bay, and ground transportation to and from airport (does not include game tickets). If you've been on a trip with us before you know that we've got some bonus fun for you which we will be planning and announcing as the trip nears.

*Contracts are being finalized so prices may change. We will not bill you until they are final. But make sure your reservation is made to keep your spot. Email: [email protected] to get your spot! More details to come. ✈️

Reactions: I@ST1

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

Update on our charter flight to the UNLV vs. Iowa State game on September 18th in Las Vegas.
Planning on departing Des Moines International Airport mid-morning Thursday, September 16th and returning from Las Vegas mid-morning Sunday, September 19th. Official flight times to come.

Includes charter flight, (3 night stay) hotel room at Mandalay Bay, and ground transportation to and from airport (does not include game tickets). If you've been on a trip with us before you know that we've got some bonus fun for you which we will be planning and announcing as the trip nears.

*Contracts are being finalized so prices may change. We will not bill you until they are final. But make sure your reservation is made to keep your spot. Email: [email protected] to get your spot! More details to come. ✈

I will add the info to the main thread after I am done with work today. Awesome!

Reactions: cycloner29

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

*Contracts are being finalized so prices may change. We will not bill you until they are final. But make sure your reservation is made to keep your spot. Email: [email protected] to get your spot! More details to come. ✈
Those prices seem kind of high.

• Agree
Reactions: jcisuclones

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
For two of us six nights at Mandalay, flights and rental car for around $1800. I’m pretty happy with that. Great deal booking Mandalay on Black Friday. Plus flights a tad cheaper since we are staying longer. Now just waiting to get game tickets.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Sorry if it's already been mentioned but are there any good hotels on the strip with balconies?

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Sorry if it's already been mentioned but are there any good hotels on the strip with balconies?

Yep you really only have one great choice and that's the Cosmopolitan. Most rooms have a balcony and if you can swing it, get the fountain view. It's one of the best views in Vegas.

The other option is The Signature at MGM. You're back from the strip a lot but but you're still at the MGM. Prepare for A LOT of walking. Like 25min to get to the Strip if you go through the hotel.

Then the other options are if you're a high roller or looking to spend $1k-$20k a night per room. In that case there's a couple options like the the MGM Skyline Terrace Suite, Bellagio Lakeview Suite, Caesars Palace Penthouse Villas, NY Y Carlyle Penthouse suite.

There is one more not so expensive one to consider and that's Polo Towers. Not a fancy resort by any means but it's a quarter block away from the strip. Many rooms have balconies and for pretty cheap. Don't expect "vegas resort" feelings here though.

Reactions: State2015

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Southwest just released there flights.... we got direct flights and 4 nights at mandalay bay for $1900.
We are at $1500 for Friday till Monday at Mandalay Bay and direct flights out of KC, we still have to look into renting a vehicle while we are out there. But getting the Black Friday deal on rooms was well worth it.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Apologize if this has been covered, but what is the policy for bringing in your own alcohol and/or coolers into most of the hotels on the Strip? Do most allow it, or will you need to sneak in outside beverages to your room? I had this issue happen in Dallas at the Big 12 championship when I walked back from the store with some cases of beer, but luckily the doorman at the hotel was nice enough to let it slide and told me to sneak it up the side stairwell.