*** OFFICIAL GUIDE TO VEGAS FOR UNLV 9/18 ***

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
Apologize if this has been covered, but what is the policy for bringing in your own alcohol and/or coolers into most of the hotels on the Strip? Do most allow it, or will you need to sneak in outside beverages to your room? I had this issue happen in Dallas at the Big 12 championship when I walked back from the store with some cases of beer, but luckily the doorman at the hotel was nice enough to let it slide and told me to sneak it up the side stairwell.

You can bring your own.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Apologize if this has been covered, but what is the policy for bringing in your own alcohol and/or coolers into most of the hotels on the Strip? Do most allow it, or will you need to sneak in outside beverages to your room? I had this issue happen in Dallas at the Big 12 championship when I walked back from the store with some cases of beer, but luckily the doorman at the hotel was nice enough to let it slide and told me to sneak it up the side stairwell.

Every hotel on the strip has slightly different rules but for the **most** part they don't care. Virgin (old Hard Rock) seems to be the biggest stickler. The one thing to watch out for is storing personal items in a mini fridge that already has stuff in it, aka a mini bar. They will charge you for any contents you move and sometimes for the whole row of items your stuff is touching.

I always get a foam cooler from Walgreens or CVS and fill it up with ice daily. No issues at all. Don't be obnoxious and make it enough for a room's worth or less. If you have so much it seems like you're gonna throw a party... they seem to care more.

Basically don't do this:
1617767382820.png

• Informative
Reactions: BCoffClone125

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Also keep in mind the places where they are most strict is in the pool areas. No outside food or drink except for water, though every one I've been to has offered free mini water bottles or gatorade-like buckets to fill up your water bottles.

Crazyape22

Feb 22, 2019
I really wanna check out Circa, but the gargantuan music fest that'll be invading downtown has me more inclined to stick to the strip on this trip.
We're only staying on Wednesday - prices increase plus booked the rest of the week/weekend for the Cabana. It should be a site to see!

Reactions: Cyclonsin

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just got this from the UNLV ticket coordinator.

• We are still moving forward with our first plan of 100% capacity for the upcoming football season. For UNLV games at Allegiant Stadium, 100% capacity is roughly 27,000 fans.
  • Group and single game tickets will not go on sale for any UNLV football until at least mid-July.

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
Have there been any updates to occupancy status of Strip hotels? I’m hoping prices still may go down, but I haven’t seen anything definitive on % of rooms filled as of now and for September.

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
I can’t see the prices for hotels coming down in price there is way to much going on in Vegas that weekend with not only the cyclones in town but the music festival going on at the same time life is beautiful on Fremont street through Sunday you better book a place now to save $$

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Have there been any updates to occupancy status of Strip hotels? I’m hoping prices still may go down, but I haven’t seen anything definitive on % of rooms filled as of now and for September.

Clark County where Vegas is located is 80% capacity across most businesses. With social distancing reduced to 3 feet and mask mandate outside being lifted. They also allowed table capacity to expand to 12 and bars to allow bar seating. Buffets are now allowed to open up with some extra precautions and wet rooms at Spas and Saunas open at 25-50% capacity.

They can go to 100% capacity starting June 1 provided three things happen, 60% of the county is at least one dose vaccinated, positivity remains below 5% and weekly cases are below 1150.

Currently Clark County is at 44% with at least one dose, 8% positivity rate and ~1400 cases a week with each metric trending in the right direction. So I would think by September it'll be good to go.

In terms of large capacity events over 20,000. Technically they are not allowed yet blanket wide but will have to be requested on a case by case basis but to give you an idea of event requirements for 10-20k... at the current stage they can go on if you have social distancing of 3 feet or no social distancing if you're event requires vaccination.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown

Most rooms have a money back policy up until 48 hrs. I booked in case the raiders are home that weekend, and then will just wait for better pricing later, very little risk.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Been hearing reports about transportation these days around Vegas. Lyft and Uber have been nuts and wait times as long as an hour. Not enough drivers and Vegas tourism is healing fast. So plan accordingly or hope it clears up by the time we get there.

Also Taxi cabs are apparently getting bolder a few years after they implemented the flat rate fees to and from the airport. Now instead of longhauling you and taking the roundabout way to get to your destination, they are up zoning you to charge you the next zone up than what you actually are which is about a $4 difference, not crazy but still scummy. Remember the zones only matter to and from the airport.