***Official ISU Bowl Predictions***

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
Just spent some time in San Antonio last week (couldn't make last year's bowl), would be all for ISU going there again. I'd probably go. Orlando is a no-deal for me, will watch it on TV then. You couldn't pay me to spend time in that Disney invested swamp of strip malls.

• Agree
Reactions: exCyDing

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Just spent some time in San Antonio last week (couldn't make last year's bowl), would be all for ISU going there again. I'd probably go. Orlando is a no-deal for me, will watch it on TV then. You couldn't pay me to spend time in that Disney invested swamp of strip malls.

Agree:
Drunk-Mice-425x286.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: INTENSE_CY

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

It's almost too much to hope for. The Orlando people really talked us up last week too.

I will say that I always laugh when I remember how the Alamo people were so shocked at how many Iowa State fans showed up. The amount of people in San Antonio was not even close to a surprise for me.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
If we win out I can't figure out why we wouldn't be in contention for the Alamo Bowl. If I was them, i'd be nervous that fans wouldn't go twice in a row, but that's the only reason.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If we win out I can't figure out why we wouldn't be in contention for the Alamo Bowl. If I was them, i'd be nervous that fans wouldn't go twice in a row, but that's the only reason.
I’d go again in a heartbeat. Maybe shave a day off it though. (We went on XMas last year)

• Agree
Reactions: BeneventiCy28

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Texas Bowl – (Big 12 vs. SEC)
Projection: Iowa State vs. Utah State**

That would pretty much be par for the course when it comes to ISU and bowls scheduled against the SEC.

2004 Independence - SEC? Nope, Miami (Ohio).
2005 Houston - SEC? Nope, 10-1 ranked TCU.
2017 Liberty - SEC? Nope, ranked Memphis playing at home.

• Winner
Reactions: everyyard

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Honestly though I think the feedback is a lot of people would still go. I think I’ve got the impression that more might go as a net number.
I know that we would likely go and actually stay on the river walk. It was a ton of fun last year but we didn’t fully experience it staying outside or the river walk area.