***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
The top ranked RB (according to most "experts") ran a similar time to Montgomery at Bama's Pro Day today:

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
There will be plenty of stupid teams.

Well not just stupid, but cheap. Strategies for drafting the RB position have changed. Unless it's a guy like Saquon Barkley, teams are willing to wait until the 2nd or 3rd round to pick up a guy. Their shelf life is short enough that they don't want to invest so much into the position and there are a lot of replacement level guys available.

Montgomery is going to be a good NFL running back, but he might get drafted later than he deserves to be because of how the position is valued currently.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
While I'm like everyone else here, anxious for DM to be drafted as highly as he is deserving, I know that the League is a place where the guys who can play get their opportunity to shine. I know David is going to be just fine, much like we knew Monte Morris was going to stick when he finally got his NBA opportunity. Same goes for Butler, he's got the goods.

TBH, I stressed more about Lazard's potential to be chosen late and not getting a real shot going into last year's NFL draft more than either of these two. They will both make some idiot GM look like a genius.

Last edited:

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
A lot if mock drafts have Butler as a 1st or early 2nd rounder now. I have him going #19 to the Titans.

There are probably only 3 or 4 teams that may take a RB before round 3. I have Jacobs as the only 1st rounder (to the Eagles). I'm thinking the Vikings might take a RB in round 2. They obviously take the top o-lineman on the board in round 1 and they should go DT in round 2, but I think all of the really good ones will be taken by then. Dre'Mont Jones could still be there, but I'm not sold on him being a good fit for the Vikes. Simmons from Miss. St is a top 10 talent but his ACL injury could drop him to #50. He would be a good pick but may not play this year. I got him going to Miami in round 2 because that fits their agenda - lose and get the 2020 #1 pick for a QB.

Anyways, the Vikings lost Murray and Cook is alway hurt, so they need to draft a RB. The only question is which round. Alex Barnes in round 5 would be a steal, but for now I'm mocking Montgomery at pick 50.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Has ISU ever had all 32 teams represented at the Pro Day?
I'm guessing they have had at least "lower level" scouts from all 32 teams there before but it wouldn't surprise me if there are more "higher ups" (Director of College Scouting, etc.) in an organization that may be there tomorrow.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron