NFL: *** Official Preseason Thread ***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
As an owner of Zeke in 2 leagues, he better be close

Done deal, announced this morning. Six years, 90 million (reports are 50 million in guarantees). As always with NFL contracts the devil is in the details, but on the surface Zeke resets the RB market.

Next in line for RBs trying to get paid: Alvin Kamara, followed by Saquon Barkley after the 2020 season.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Done deal, announced this morning. Six years, 90 million (reports are 50 million in guarantees). As always with NFL contracts the devil is in the details, but on the surface Zeke resets the RB market.

Next in line for RBs trying to get paid: Alvin Kamara, followed by Saquon Barkley after the 2020 season.
The holdout worked for him. He had plenty of leverage to get this done. I'm not really a fan of Zeke, but I always like seeing a player flex their muscles like this.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The holdout worked for him. He had plenty of leverage to get this done. I'm not really a fan of Zeke, but I always like seeing a player flex their muscles like this.

Yeah, he was in a unique spot with an offense built around him (dependent on him?) and a team with an established history of paying to keep their own players. He played his hand perfectly.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

It kind of makes you wonder if both sides knew a deal was coming all along and Jerry was just milking it til the last minute because he loves the attention. It was funny how Jerry and Stephen Jones were popping off with a comment about the negotiations pretty much every day but you rarely heard a word from Zeke's camp.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
It kind of makes you wonder if both sides knew a deal was coming all along and Jerry was just milking it til the last minute because he loves the attention. It was funny how Jerry and Stephen Jones were popping off with a comment about the negotiations pretty much every day but you rarely heard a word from Zeke's camp.
Possible. I'm more likely to chalk that up to the Jones boys being unable to resist public commentary though. There's no way they wanted the story about them cutting out the agents and negotiating directly with the players to come out though. Totally unneeded scrutiny.

And I was reminded today that Stephen Jones had said earlier on that Zeke's contract wasn't going to set records or reset the rb market, but it did pretty much exactly that. If this was all a clever ploy, they didn't think it out very well.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Possible. I'm more likely to chalk that up to the Jones boys being unable to resist public commentary though. There's no way they wanted the story about them cutting out the agents and negotiating directly with the players to come out though. Totally unneeded scrutiny.

And I was reminded today that Stephen Jones had said earlier on that Zeke's contract wasn't going to set records or reset the rb market, but it did pretty much exactly that. If this was all a clever ploy, they didn't think it out very well.

Also jerry Jones is old. He doesn’t have a whole lot of time left to win.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron