Offseason Kool-Aid

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I thought last year ISU really turned into a team that played for each other and if they can keep that going it could be a really nice season.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I’m trying to temper expectations. A lot of things can happen over the course of a season... injuries, bad bounces, weird weather... all those variables are what makes it really, really hard to have 9+ wins. Can this team do it? Absolutely. Do I want it to happen? For sure. But it’s hard to expect it, especially when it would be a historical feat for the program.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
ESPN has Iowa State ranked in the top 25 of best offenses over the next three years. It is a ESPN+ article, so I cannot read it, but Breece Hall is pictured on the title link.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
ESPN has Iowa State ranked in the top 25 of best offenses over the next three years. It is a ESPN+ article, so I cannot read it, but Breece Hall is pictured on the title link.
They have ISU at #16, the fourth Big 12 team (OU #1, UT #9 :rolleyes: , OSU #12). Basically said if it were a 1 year forecast ISU would be top 10, but not enough known about the talent behind the 2021 group.

A_storm_is_comin

Jan 9, 2021
MUST start the season off in game one treating it like we need to win that game to make the Big 12 Championship.

We always seem to start slow.... and if you want to be great, you can't do that. No slip ups like we've had in the past against UNI, or Louisiana, or Iowa, etc.
We also need to stay healthy...especially Charlie Kolar and Chase Allen. Teams are really going to key on Breece. I believe Charlie (I pry every night that he stays healthy) is going to have a monster year. I can't wait to see what the new TE coach can do.

A_storm_is_comin

Jan 9, 2021
With the quality, depth, and experience of the oline, cmc can finally put away the smoke and mirrors and move to a new level.
It's incredible how far that O-line has come under coach Myers and coach Campbell. We are so lucky tonhave this coaching staff.

Reactions: tolfbfan

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
"Talent-wise, Iowa state football should be able to overwhelm the Panthers with relative ease on its way to the first win of the season."

I will never trust this. I have been hurt too many times.

Yeah if ISU comes out trying to play sideways and screws around they leave themselves vulnerable.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
"Talent-wise, Iowa state football should be able to overwhelm the Panthers with relative ease on its way to the first win of the season."

I will never trust this. I have been hurt too many times.
“Never” is an awfully long time.

It was interesting last Fall to see how many “fear of failing” demons around here had been exorcised by the time the Fiesta Bowl rolled around.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
With the quality, depth, and experience of the oline, cmc can finally put away the smoke and mirrors and move to a new level.
I always appreciate your insights. What do you consider smoke and mirrors? Basically, what do you expect to see less of?

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017

It was interesting last Fall to see how many “fear of failing” demons around here had been exorcised by the time the Fiesta Bowl rolled around.
The Fiesta Bowl win was so big for my personal psyche as a fan. Like a weight off the shoulders. Win the conference and I’ll feel fully unshackled, but I refuse to have immediate expectations of it. As long as Campbell is here, there will always be next year. It could have happened last year, it could happen this year... It’s a numbers game if we trust the process.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

I lost mine after we went to a bowl in year 2. Campbell is the **** and now we are by association.

Reactions: Aclone

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
One more hurdle for CMC. Everyone knows what game that is. Glad it's at home. Hopefully they'll keep their silly band at home.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I always appreciate your insights. What do you consider smoke and mirrors? Basically, what do you expect to see less of?
Trying to be cute and failed...lol. I just think we are finally to the point where in most games we can dictate what we do offensively because the oline is now ready and deep enough to withstand injuries.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Trying to be cute and failed...lol. I just think we are finally to the point where in most games we can dictate what we do offensively because the oline is now ready and deep enough to withstand injuries.
Yeah, I would love to see us just pound on the Panthers all game long. Don't bother with any cutsie BS where their smaller defense can screw around and trip us up. Run right at them and beat them up. 3 YPC in Q1, 4 YPC in Q2, 6 YPC in Q3 and 8 YPC in Q4. Just crush their spirit.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron