Ouch!

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Of course, CFN wouldn't have know that Reesing would have jumped on the scene like he did. Furthermore, didn't KU return a good bit of experience on the OL that year? As I recall, most prediction-makers figured that KU wouldn't have reloaded so well at RB too.

Lastly, don't forget what a cake-walk schedule KU had that year either ...

ISU fits almost every single one of these categories...
Good QB... CHECK
Experienced OL... CHECK
Stable of RBs... CHECK
Cake-walk schedule... (almost)CHECK (Iowa is better than anyone KU played non-con that year)

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
That, and the fact that we're on our third coaching staff in four years. That's not a recipe for a 12-1 season, no matter how experienced the offense is and how easy the schedule is.

6-6 though...might happen.

Not even close to predicting a 12-1 season. Just pointing out that all the things he mentioned could also be said about ISU's team this year.

The instability at HC is definitely going to take its toll, but what I'm really excited about is seeing how having some competent coordinators and assistants for the first time in a couple years is going to improve some of the smaller things that really plagued us last year.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I don't care how unrealistic those putzes at ESPN think it is, I find it ridiculous that they wouldn't list ISU at all.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron