parker's injury is crippling imo

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Definitely a loss but can somebody tell me how many sacks Parker has in his 3 years of Big 12 play? Not overall but in the Big 12. I am guessing it is no more than a couple.

It hurts with depth but not talent IMO

+1

It does hurt with talent, at least experienced talent - but I agree with the premise of your post.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Definitely a loss but can somebody tell me how many sacks Parker has in his 3 years of Big 12 play? Not overall but in the Big 12. I am guessing it is no more than a couple.

It hurts with depth but not talent IMO

It's a lo-n-n-n-g way from Parker to Neal, and while I think that Rashawn was better off on the strongside, you guys who think we won't miss him must be nuts. Even if you only consider him "mediocre", the next guy down the depth chart wasn't as good by definition...

And at 225 Neal certainly doesn't seem to have the frame to stand up to offensive tackles on the strongside. I'm wondering if Laing will get stuck in there, or one of the tackles (like Alburtis) moved outside.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
It's a lo-n-n-n-g way from Parker to Neal, and while I think that Rashawn was better off on the strongside, you guys who think we won't miss him must be nuts. Even if you only consider him "mediocre", the next guy down the depth chart wasn't as good by definition...

And at 225 Neal certainly doesn't seem to have the frame to stand up to offensive tackles on the strongside. I'm wondering if Laing will get stuck in there, or one of the tackles (like Alburtis) moved outside.

In a couple of more weeks, I wouldn't be surprised to see another name in the mix. Coach brought up Jake McDonough about 2 weeks ago and said that he had finally turned the corner in his battle with the illness. He thought that he might be in the line to help in pass rush situations by mid-season.

At the time, he was talking about interior DL, but there has been discussion of Jake being a swing guy between end and tackle at least early in his career. Given his loss of weight, he might be able to focus on end this year and move inside next year.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

Never said we won't miss him. I just stated that we would miss him more from a "depth" and "experience" standpoint that a "talent" standpoint. Parker gives a ton of effort and is a great Cyclone but has never fared very well against good opponents. He has made his career off of early season sacks and then always fades as the season goes on.

I also don't see Neal being the guy even if that is what the coaches say. Laing and Maggitt will see more PT