Per ISU: Cyclone Fans Should Get to Arrowhead Early

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Big 12 football action returns to Arrowhead Stadium on Saturday as Kansas State and Iowa State square off in Kansas City. Kickoff is slated for 2 p.m. and the game will be televised on Fox College Sports.

Due to the ongoing construction at the Truman Sports Complex and the large crowd expected, carpooling and plans for an early arrival are strongly encouraged. Parking lots will open at 9 a.m. and stadium gates will open at noon. We encourage you to enter early to avoid long lines at the security pat-down areas. Parking lots on the East side of the stadium have been designated for Iowa State fans and parking lots on the West side have been designated for Kansas State fans.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Big 12 football action returns to Arrowhead Stadium on Saturday as Kansas State and Iowa State square off in Kansas City. Kickoff is slated for 2 p.m. and the game will be televised on Fox College Sports.

Due to the ongoing construction at the Truman Sports Complex and the large crowd expected, carpooling and plans for an early arrival are strongly encouraged. Parking lots will open at 9 a.m. and stadium gates will open at noon. We encourage you to enter early to avoid long lines at the security pat-down areas. Parking lots on the East side of the stadium have been designated for Iowa State fans and parking lots on the West side have been designated for Kansas State fans.

So basically... "ISU wants fans to leave as early as possible because this will be a logistical nightmare from leaving home all the way to sitting in your seat."

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Maybe they should open lots ups earlier to relieve some of the incoming traffic to the lots. After all, it is a home game and our lots would open at 7AM.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Fixed it for you. 6 hours prior to kickoff (2 pm kick).

All paved and grass parking located north and east of Jack Trice Stadium is reserved for Cyclone Club members. For weekend games, Cyclone Club lots will open at 7:00 a.m. or 6 hours prior to kickoff, whichever is earlier.

General public parking is located in the grass areas south of Jack Trice Stadium along South 16th Street. Limited
parking is located around Hilton Coliseum. All general public parking lots open 6 hours prior to kickoff.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Maybe they should open lots ups earlier to relieve some of the incoming traffic to the lots. After all, it is a home game and our lots would open at 7AM.

If it was a Chiefs game, the lots wouldn't open until 10:30. Be glad it's at 9:00.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I was thinking about general (student) lots. Those are all 6 hours prior, correct? KC is all general parking (correct?) so I figured they would adhere to that standard.

Why would ISU have any say in how the Chiefs run their parking lots? This isn't a home game. The only "home" part of it is that ISU is wearing the dark jerseys.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I was thinking about general (student) lots. Those are all 6 hours prior, correct? KC is all general parking (correct?) so I figured they would adhere to that standard.

Yes, we are both correct :)