PODCAST: Intern Brandon's Bold Predictions for CFB 2019

JeanValette

Feb 15, 2016
Minnesota
Some of Brandon's takes were this hot...
tumblr_pr4vwetY5O1t8pecvo1_400.gif

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Although some of his takes were scorching hot, I’d love to hear Brandon on a few more podcasts previewing the football season. You can tell he knows his college football!

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Although some of his takes were scorching hot, I’d love to hear Brandon on a few more podcasts previewing the football season. You can tell he knows his college football!

We'll have him back. Maybe we'll make him a regular part of a segment on Stanz and Fitz during the football season just to counteract Kevin's lack of football knowledge. Don't tell @Fitzy I said that though.

Reactions: STLISU and ZZZ

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I think this is the year of the comeback for Texas. Meanwhile OU takes a bit of a step back and perhaps loses 3-4 games. They lost a ton of OL and QB from the last two years.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
We'll have him back. Maybe we'll make him a regular part of a segment on Stanz and Fitz during the football season just to counteract Kevin's lack of football knowledge. Don't tell @Fitzy I said that though.
*slowly puts on 2018 Stanz & Fitz Bowl Game Underrated Underdogs Championship Belt without breaking eye contact*

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Recorded a fun podcast with CF intern Brandon Albaugh. He listed 20 predictions for the upcoming college football season to me and we'll keep track of them through the year. Try not to choke when you hear what Brandon has to say about Kansas.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/podcasts/podcast-intern-brandons-bold-predictions-for-cfb-2019/

Some of the takes were interesting... but kansas winning as many games (6) in year 1 of Les Miles as they have over the last 3 years? No way. Calls into question everything else he said...

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC

You should have him back each week to discuss any of his picks that were decided one way or the other... for example, in week 1 we will see how Houston vs. OU goes. Week 4 we can hear about how the ULM game went... could be fun.

Brandon Albaugh

Jun 7, 2019
Thanks everyone for giving our podcast a listen! I’m glad everyone is enjoying my super hot Kansas takes Hopefully the other predictions didn’t make you all stop listening or throw your computer!

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Thanks everyone for giving our podcast a listen! I’m glad everyone is enjoying my super hot Kansas takes Hopefully the other predictions didn’t make you all stop listening or throw your computer!

hell yeah branden keep up the good work. gonna be a sweet summer glad ur here for the ride. if i get my kids back we r totally going to go to a football game this fall.

• Funny
Reactions: CloneFan4

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
you guys just spewed Kirk Heirbstriet and other national pundit bs about they don't play defense in the B12. A very lazy take. Joel Klatt puts all of this in the right context so people can understand what good defense looks like. One of the writers on this very site did a write up last season comparing the defense played in a Big 12 game vs a Big 10 game. There wasn't much difference. But one thing important to note, the Big 12 defenses are out there for a lot of more plays per game because of the fast tempo. The cumulative effect of that late in the season takes it's toll.

Reactions: isutrevman

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Brandon, I appreciate your effort. And yes, the Cyclones have been slow starters under Campbell. That’s because they have been building teams. This year’s edition is ready to roll.

If the UL-M game is a ten point margin, that means we only score twenty—and play reserves the whole second half.
Kansas winning six games? That's dumb.
I didn’t realize KU had dropped to D-III this season.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Brandon, I appreciate your effort. And yes, the Cyclones have been slow starters under Campbell. That’s because they have been building teams. This year’s edition is ready to roll.

If the UL-M game is a ten point margin, that means we only score twenty—and play reserves the whole second half.

I didn’t realize KU had dropped to D-III this season.

I think we've been slow starters due to QB and line issues. We started real hot in the first game last year before it got rained out. Then QB got hurt early in the Iowa game and we struggled until we got Brock going.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron