PODCAST: Perspective on this morning's news, where things might be heading

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
I'm as big a Pollard fan as the next guy, he's put ISU in great shape here, but he's not in control of anything with regard to the current situation.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Sometimes when you don't have anything actually news worthy, there's no reason to open your mouth. But everyone seems sure that it's because he's working some magic.

Just like with my opinion that the B1G really doesn't need to jump immediately into expansion, I guess I'll find myself on the minority side again with this line of thinking.

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm as big a Pollard fan as the next guy, he's put ISU in great shape here, but he's not in control of anything with regard to the current situation.

No but he's not putting anything out deflecting the inevitable.

It would be great to hear something, but if there's nothing confirmed or substantial to share, good on him for staying put.

Reactions: Die4Cy

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
That's what I'm thinking as well. Sometimes when you don't have anything actually news worthy, there's no reason to open your mouth. But everyone seems sure that it's because he's working some magic.

Just like with my opinion that the B1G really doesn't need to jump immediately into expansion, I guess I'll find myself on the minority side again with this line of thinking.
My thoughts are that this is going to be a marathon but we have a guy that is experienced and good at his job. Btw, KU just hired a newbie as AD. He’s got to be in over his head at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If the Big 10 decides to add 2 schools, then ISU and KU make the most sense.
If they decide on more than 2, I think they need to look hard at adding Okie state as a possibility.

I don't think Okie State has AAU status.

• Agree
Reactions: Rods79

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

This sounds like JP.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

He's in control of learning from Missouri's mistakes from a decade ago and keeping his mouth shut if there are quiet dealings taking place.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I don't think Okie State has AAU status.
That is true about Okie State... BUT... IF the big 10 changed their stance on this, OSU does check more boxes athletically than KU

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
That is true about Okie State... BUT... IF the big 10 changed their stance on this, OSU does check more boxes athletically than KU

Big 10 isn't changing their stance on this. They've repeated this often. People need to stop thinking the Big 10 is going to change their stance on this just because Nebraska lost their status after joining the conference.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I dont see OK St being as much more of a prize than us at this point. Maybe Im missing something though. Maybe a little on some things but not enough to really move the needle.
But then you have too look at what conference is looking and in most cases outside of the SEC I would say we check more boxes.

Its just like Kansas, their obvious draw is the blue blood BBall program, which gives them an edge in earning over the rest of us. But the rest of the entire list of metrics we are ahead of them. And their BBall program is in the middle of a NCAA investigation.

The others I think we have a clear lead in most respects, if someone is looking to add that is.

Someone correct me though if I am wrong.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I signed up for premium this AM.

It seems very well worth it thus far.
I'm considering it. I'd like to be supportive of CF for the T2. Question, can you cancel at any time, or is it an annual thing, 6 mos, other?

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
My thoughts are that this is going to be a marathon but we have a guy that is experienced and good at his job. Btw, KU just hired a newbie as AD. He’s got to be in over his head at this point.

One thing the Big could do to speed things up is take ISU into the conference first. Our experienced AD could show KU newbie how it is done.;)