POLL: Who's signing up for PS Vue Just to Watch the Longhorn Network?

Are you creating a PS Vue Account Just to Watch this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I'll tell you guys what I told someone offline. Give PS Vue a chance and you might switch for good. If you are a sports fan, no other streaming option compares, IMO.

I was just telling my wife this after I signed up. I get a ton of sports options that aren't even available for my cable here in the Chicago Burbs. Worst case, it's definitely going to be something I invest in for at least the college football season every year from here on out.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I was just telling my wife this after I signed up. I get a ton of sports options that aren't even available for my cable here in the Chicago Burbs. Worst case, it's definitely going to be something I invest in for at least the college football season every year from here on out.
Cutting the cord is an adjustment, no question. But I absolutely LOVE PS Vue. I usually drop the sports pack after basketball and get HBO from April until football starts.

Reactions: ghettocowboy4cy

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
PSVue user. Get the sports pack at the start of football season, cancel after the regular season of NFL. I have gotten so used to watching the NFL RedZone channel I can't live without it now. If you are getting a free trial, and your team isn't playing. Turn on the RedZone channel. You will love it.

I believe, ISU basketball games don't require the sports pack. So saves you $10 a month.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Cutting the cord is an adjustment, no question. But I absolutely LOVE PS Vue. I usually drop the sports pack after basketball and get HBO from April until football starts.

Yeah, it's not even me, it's my wife and kids. They just can't handle the idea of not having "TV" as it exists now. Outside of football season and the NCAA tournament, I never watch traditional TV. Most of my viewing is done via Netflix or Amazon Prime. I will occasionally watch the Science Channel on their space nights, but other than sports and that, I have no use for traditional TV. I've been trying to get them to cut for years, but have just given up since it's like talking to a wall.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
When I checked the signup page it said I could add it for free
Figures, I was getting my information from my dad.

I've found, just from the people I've talked to, a lot of millennial aged folks are having no trouble figuring out a way to watch. Folks my dad's age, really seem to be struggling. Explaining to my dad what PSVue was or even Sling for that matter was like a NASA engineer explaining the moon landing to a toddler.

"I don't have a Playstation though."
"Do I need a satellite?"
"I don't play video games."
"I just want to watch the game, I don't need all the other channels."

Just some texts I've gotten from my dad over the last week.

cyfamily

Mar 19, 2015

I've found, just from the people I've talked to, a lot of millennial aged folks are having no trouble figuring out a way to watch. Folks my dad's age, really seem to be struggling. Explaining to my dad what PSVue was or even Sling for that matter was like a NASA engineer explaining the moon landing to a toddler.

"Do I need a satellite?"

Be kind....you will be in his position sooner than you can imagine. :p[/QUOTE]

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017

"Do I need a satellite?"

Being the Tech guy for the family is time consuming.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
Just signed up for the Vue "Core" plan and it is only 24.99 per month. Next month will be 49.99, but for those of you that want to check it out, now is the time.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
If your not wanting to sign up for something, or like me have already used the PS Vue free trial, there are lots of options out there for streaming if you look in the right spots. It helps if you can hook your computer up to a TV though. And make sure your ad block game is strong. I usually find something on www.reddit.com/r/cfbstreams sometimes the quality is lacking, but most times the stream is just as clear as something from PS Vue. Just an FYI for anyone that might need an alternative.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

"Do I need a satellite?"

Fortunately, I grew up with a NASA engineer. :D

TyCloneHoops

Dec 10, 2017
Sorry if already asked, can you just watch PS Vue on a laptop or Roku, or do you need a PS4 to use it?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron