Press Box Question

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I firmly believe that UT and OU will look around and then sign the next GOR package with the Big 12, but if anything happens it will be OU that starts the process. UT is still bound by the LHN contract with ESPN until 2032 I believe, that will lock them out from going to the Big 10.

So OU and OSU to the SEC.
UT with the blessing of ESPN becomes independent like ND and joins the ACC.
KU and either TCU or ISU goes to the Big 10.
The PAC 12 goes after KSU, TT, either ISU or TCU, and maybe New Mexico, they will not stay at 12 schools.
No one will take Baylor and WV is too far away to be practical for the Pac 12 to add.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Just my opinion, but I think that we have our priorities in the right place with the new athletic center. That will help recruiting more than anything. They also have plans for the Hilton concourses. 2-3 years from now, when that's all finished, I agree that the press box is next on the list. Gotta get through the new TV deals/possible realignment first. But as soon as that's in the rear view mirror, I'd say build something maybe 2/3 as tall, but goal line to goal line. If that means razing the current concession/restroom buildings, so be it.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Private/club seating is missing?
*36 concourse suites (west)
*9 tower suites (west)
*Jack Trice Club (east)
*Sukup End Zone Club (south)
*Jacobson VIP (north), level 1 and level 2

No, rather the issue is that people still fail to grasp that the sum total of all of this area is already equivalent to having one 3-level, full-field length structure. Other venues have all of it in one place. ISU has it spread out. But the total area is still the same.

After doing some thinking on this subject, If and when the time comes that we do decide to upgrade the sky box, I think it is possible it may be something like:
*Expanding the current Jack Trice with New club sections in the areas adjacent to that area.
*Renovating/converting the West concourse suites to club seating/sections.
*Rebuild and upgrade the 36 concourse and 9 tower suites in a new Skybox.
*Upgrade and expand the press areas

Whether they move all the suits or some I do think they will replace at least some of the suites with club sections on the west side similar to the east, at the time of building a new tower.

I do think there is call for more club seats, which are high value seating, it just depends on when and how many they decide to add, and where that will be. If something like this or if they decide to build some form of club section in the tower will be the driving factor for a new Skybox.

I still don't know if this is a high enough priority to get done as far as the next project on the stadium goes. Overall demand in the next few years will dictate a lot.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
After doing some thinking on this subject, If and when the time comes that we do decide to upgrade the sky box, I think it is possible it may be something like:
*Expanding the current Jack Trice with New club sections in the areas adjacent to that area.
*Renovating/converting the West concourse suites to club seating/sections.
*Rebuild and upgrade the 36 concourse and 9 tower suites in a new Skybox.
*Upgrade and expand the press areas

Whether they move all the suits or some I do think they will replace at least some of the suites with club sections on the west side similar to the east, at the time of building a new tower.

I do think there is call for more club seats, which are high value seating, it just depends on when and how many they decide to add, and where that will be. If something like this or if they decide to build some form of club section in the tower will be the driving factor for a new Skybox.

I still don't know if this is a high enough priority to get done as far as the next project on the stadium goes. Overall demand in the next few years will dictate a lot.

I'd love to see club seating that spells out ISU. For example:

LES-Eastside-Social-Media-Ribbon-Board.jpg

__K_1239.jpg