Purdy QB Analysis

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007

I learned a lot while watching this. He analyzed Purdy's performance based on last year's Oklahoma game. This guy loves Purdy's footwork and anticipation. He also breaks down some of Manning's offensive sets and what they are intending to accomplish.

Also a shout out to Purdy in the comments from Re-al Mitchell which I thought was cool.

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020

I learned a lot while watching this. He analyzed Purdy's performance based on last year's Oklahoma game. This guy loves Purdy's footwork and anticipation. He also breaks down some of Manning's offensive sets and what they are intending to accomplish.

Also a shout out to Purdy in the comments from Re-al Mitchell which I thought was cool.

That throw and catch at 14:43 is so impressive.

CycloneVet917

Jul 9, 2020
Purdy does have good feet, which is why when the line plays poorly it messes him up. His base is a lot of what he is doing but when he cannot get that front foot down it makes things tough for him. (Any QB for that matter).

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Purdy does have good feet, which is why when the line plays poorly it messes him up. His base is a lot of what he is doing but when he cannot get that front foot down it makes things tough for him. (Any QB for that matter).
Brock is able to make the throws off of his back foot or falling away, but like any other good QB, he has to get into a rhythm. He has to make the easy throws where he's able to get his base under him and drive the ball before he can do the really tough ones.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Brock is able to make the throws off of his back foot or falling away, but like any other good QB, he has to get into a rhythm. He has to make the easy throws where he's able to get his base under him and drive the ball before he can do the really tough ones.
Can you explain this? I've seen plenty of instances where QBs have made very difficult throws on the 1st or 2nd play of the game.

Hell, against Oklahoma Purdy's first 3 passes were 11 yards, incomplete, 35 yards. Doesn't seem like he got in a rhythm before popping a big gain.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Can you explain this? I've seen plenty of instances where QBs have made very difficult throws on the 1st or 2nd play of the game.

Hell, against Oklahoma Purdy's first 3 passes were 11 yards, incomplete, 35 yards. Doesn't seem like he got in a rhythm before popping a big gain.
Sure! Disregarding guys like Patrick Mahomes or players of that absolute elite caliber, sometimes guys need a couple of easier throws before they're able to let out their full abilities. I'm talking throwing on the run, putting an accurate ball on the receiver's numbers under duress, throwing off your back foot, etc. It's so much easier to do those things when you get your groove going and when you got a little bit of swagger.

When you're comfortable with how you're playing, you have more touch, you have more confidence, and you have more trust in your receivers. I equate this sort of with a shooter that gets hot and is more comfortable taking that ill-advised shot because they have a great feel for their game at that time.