Question for people who don't live in Iowa but try to watch Football games

ericlambi

Mar 24, 2006
I live in Boston and think I got about half the games between Versus and the Fox College Sports package. Maybe there was one on ABC or ESPN as well, can't remember. The FCS package had some super-cheap introductory rate, like $10/mo for 3 months or something. Cancelled it before that ran out. I have comcast.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
Besides games only we and our opponent, (S. Dakota St.), care about, the remainder of the season depends on how competetive we are. If we're playing well, I'd be willing to bet we're one of the televised options almost every week. It could mean kick-offs anywhere in the 5 am to midnight range, (maybe not quite that drastic), but hey, that's the price you pay for fame.

:yes::yes::yes:

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA
I live in Colorado and got the FSN package through Dishnetwork to get the comcast channels and watch the cubs but they were all blacked out. Will the same thing happen during the football season?

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I got the FCS package for 2.99 a month here... I barely watch it but I leave it on my cable bill since it is so cheap... I saw more games last year than I'd ever seen out here in NYC. It was great that VS picked up two of the games! This year I don't know if I'm going to see very much. I was going to order the ESPN gameplan for $99, but I don't know if it will buy me even one cyclone game this year. Last year I had my mom set her laptop up in front of the tv and let ichat run. Everything was backwards, but it worked well enough. I've been thinking about the slingbox solution for awhile now. For those of you who have it, does it work well?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Really no options, pay for the packages or don't watch. You can discontinue the sports package once the season is over.

I did the Clone Zone last year and only got one game. I probably got two or three games from the regional fox sports and fox college channels. You typically get one or two games a year through ESPN Gamezone.

The other option is to pay for Yahoo Sports and listen to the games. I've done that in the past as well.

Use slingbox from a mediacom friend for the replay.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Or you could go "old school" like I did while living on the west coast. Subscribe to yahoo sports for $5 per month and get all of the ISU audio broadcasts of all the major sports (FB, MBB, WBB). It's not the same thing as watching, but it's better than nothing and you also get the coaches shows. I guess I got used to it growing up and listening to Pete Taylor when the games weren't on TV - and I very much enjoy the flexibility.

Then, of course, all the major games in the sports bars.