Re-Entry Policy

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
At the risk of coming across as holier-than-thou...

I will never understand the need for anyone to leave the stadium for a beer (or two or three or more) during halftime--or less than half an hour prior to the game for that matter. If you can't go four or five hours without a beer, you have a problem. Get help.

You are confusing need and want. The policy allows anyone that wants to leave and come back to do so. Until the policy is changed this is all pointless banter, regardless of which side you're on.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I wish people would get back in by the time the half is over, but honestly... what is the big deal with people leaving? And by the way, warming up in my car is IMO preferable to standing in the mens bathroom to warm up, which I have done.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
If people are getting cold, you need to dress warmer.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
CU allows for fans to leave at halftime and get back in the stadium.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Not true. I know that CU used to sell beer at their basketball arena and quit voluntarily. Also St. Louis University and Denver University both sell beer at their basketball facilities.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
For all you alcoholics that ABSOLUTELY NEED to come back to the game late, problem solved:
http://www.thebeerbelly.com/The_Winerack_p/200-007.htm

Now you can stay comfortably in your seats, socialize with your sectionmates, and enjoy stellar halftime entertainment courtesy of the ISUCF'V'MB!

I dont need to drink (This is beginning to sound like an AA meeting...I'm guessing) but it convienient when I am out there. I socialize at the car/bus in much more comfortable seats and dont have to watch/listen to the band(sorry but even A&M's band is boring to me), instead I can watch other games going on. I respect the opinions & safety concerns, but it is my choice, plus I am ALWAYS back inside before kickoff.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
At the risk of coming across as holier-than-thou...

I will never understand the need for anyone to leave the stadium for a beer (or two or three or more) during halftime--or less than half an hour prior to the game for that matter. If you can't go four or five hours without a beer, you have a problem. Get help.

I don't NEED a beer. If I couldn't go 4-5 hours without one, I'd be drunk all the time and fired from my job and divorced. Instead, I LIKE to have beers on gameday. I LIKE to talk about the game with my friends. In fact, that aspect has been just as important as the actual game in recent years, if not moreso. So what if I like to go out to the bus at half, down a beer and discuss the game? If I do it 6 times a year, do I really have a problem?? No.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
re-entry....

You dirty boy you....

That said, I should be staying out of this thread for multiple reasons :rolleyes:

Somehow I don't think the persona of a guy that stayed sober at football games but desigened a costume around sneaking things into the stadium fits well into this conversation...

Especially with people saying they went to their cars to warm up in games I was probably body painted for :biglaugh: