RECRUITING: 2020 RB Miyan Williams deciding tonight

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This is not a good thing. Losing a kid near the early signing day means if you really needed to fill that spot now you are way behind. This is what happens to the Hawks in basketball and they have to then go take a flier on a center from England. I would rather he would have left as soon as the offer was made. I wonder if it was even committable at that time?

Except ISU football has legit players in the meantime if it doesn't work out.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
How crazy is it that this kid would be buried on the depth chart at both tOSU and ISU.

He would have his work cut out for him whichever school he chooses to earn playing time.

• Agree
Reactions: INTENSE_CY

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Obviously I'd love to have him here but if he doesn't want to be here let him go. We're set at RB for years to come. Find someone in 2021 and we're good.

• Agree
Reactions: BACyclone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Our program has turned a corner where one recruit isn't going to break us. Getting the Juco DT has far more impact than if Williams chooses to be a Buckeye.

Granted there may not be a plan B at this point but that doesn't mean a Jeff Woodey type power back as a preferred walking can't be a stop gap as a 3 & 1 power back till we find a true replacement in 2021.i wouldn't be surprised if a power back doesn't show up in Ames over the summer as a GT.

• Agree
Reactions: BACyclone

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Obviously I'd love to have him here but if he doesn't want to be here let him go. We're set at RB for years to come. Find someone in 2021 and we're good.
I agree that losing the RB in this class on paper is not the end of the world. We have two guys for a few more years yet.

However, Miyan brings a different dynamic to his game than Brock and Hall. He’s definitely a bowling ball-type runner who bounces off of tackles. The staff loves him because his skill set and ability are VERY comparable to David’s; even his demeanor and watch ethic are similar.

He would make it VERY easy for the staff to draw up effective plays because they knew what worked with David. He’s a plug-and-play. This is why Boston College recruit the same type of runners: 235lb+ beefcakes.

I want him BADLY, but he’s definitely not in the position of need.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
tOSU obviously is a better program and not saying this happened but anymore it's honestly hard not to ponder if money is involved.
giphy.gif

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Our program has turned a corner where one recruit isn't going to break us. Getting the Juco DT has far more impact than if Williams chooses to be a Buckeye.

Granted there may not be a plan B at this point but that doesn't mean a Jeff Woodey type power back as a preferred walking can't be a stop gap as a 3 & 1 power back till we find a true replacement in 2021.i wouldn't be surprised if a power back doesn't show up in Ames over the summer as a GT.

never can tell, i think its safe to say we all thought that about tongamoa. he ended up not seeing the field all that much. but i hope you are right. this class needed a DT that can come in and contribute quickly.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
It was a joke. That Bijan Robinson—who is mentioned in this thread—committed to Texas just to hold a spot until the blue bloods came calling.

Implying that Texas isn’t a blue blood.

Apparently I have a poor sense of humor.
No I'm just jaded from all the hate I get on here.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
never can tell, i think its safe to say we all thought that about tongamoa. he ended up not seeing the field all that much. but i hope you are right. this class needed a DT that can come in and contribute quickly.
Tangamoa had weight issues early on and got a dui

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
So I'm assuming the title of the thread was changed today or is this old? Is he re-deciding tonight? Thanks, I haven't followed this one too closely.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
So I'm assuming the title of the thread was changed today or is this old? Is he re-deciding tonight? Thanks, I haven't followed this one too closely.
I would say we won't know this week if he decides to flip. It will probably be closer to signing day.

Reactions: Boxerdaddy