Rumor has it...three Big 12 teams were unwilling to commit to ...

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
ISU and KU are both just double and triple checking that the B1G doesn't want them.
And you know that's all it is...how?

I think that's a jump to pessimism which would be as foolish as jumping to unwarranted optimism in the light of such information. We simply don't have enough information to draw such conclusions...but the information is, nonetheless, very interesting.

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
It sounds like the MHVer3 rumor, and he was one of the unreliable rumor mongers the last time around along with thedudeofwv

I'd say everyone's unreliable at this point...and all information comes with a giant grain of salt at this point...but I've seen this in a couple places (could, of course, all track back to something like an MHver).

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ

You linked to Mhver...not the Dude. Though I'd like to hear what the Dude is saying as well. The weird thing is that the WVU board is always the epicenter of these rumors...and sometimes valid information.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
And you know that's all it is...how?

I think that's a jump to pessimism which would be as foolish as jumping to unwarranted optimism in the light of such information. We simply don't have enough information to draw such conclusions...but the information is, nonetheless, very interesting.

I don't know. Pure speculation. Like 99% of these threads.

There was something posted somewhere with a report that the B1G isn't looking to expand.

I would guess if there's even an inkling of a better chance that big schools from the Pac would eventually come along, the B1G will be patient and take them at some point instead of just taking on two schools that do nothing financially.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
extending the GOR along with the "remaining eight". Supposedly, neither ISU nor KU (also WVU) would do so today at the conference telemeeting. Might mean something, might not.

that’s several hours old.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
You linked to Mhver...not the Dude. Though I'd like to hear what the Dude is saying as well. The weird thing is that the WVU board is always the epicenter of these rumors...and sometimes valid information.
Yeah thought it was the dude but it was MHVer. One in the same to me :)

Mesaclone1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I don't know. Pure speculation. Like 99% of these threads.

There was something posted somewhere with a report that the B1G isn't looking to expand.

I would guess if there's even an inkling of a better chance that big schools from the Pac would eventually come along, the B1G will be patient and take them at some point instead of just taking on two schools that do nothing financially.

Patience is generally a virtue in business...but I think not in this case. The B1G won't be in panic mode, but they can't afford to sit back and just let things develop while the SEC is in attack mode and trying to corner the market. There will be a quiet period with lots of backroom feelers and talks and negotiations occurring...and then some quick sharp strikes. Just my opinion of course.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
MHVer was one of those that was absolutely sure FSU and Clemson were headed to the big 12

I believe he said the date and time Big 12 officials would be in Tallahassee for the announcement.

Help Support Us

Become a patron