Saw this sign in Lowe's over the weekend ...

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The Red Craftsman thing at Lowes still freaking me out. I'll have to google what happened to the Milwaukee stuff.

I agree. I did like the Kobalt stuff and they seem to be pushing that out for the more expensive Craftsman stuff that isn't any higher quality.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
But that's the point. If you need a tool for a specific project that you may not use often, those cheap Chinese crap tools work just fine. It's the reason that Harbor Freight exists also.

I have a 20 year old tile cutter I used on a bathroom floor and a kitchen backsplash. I have a palm sander used 2 times a year and a I am on my second sub $100.00 miter saw, since 1991. They have all worked fine.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
Menards is better.

I can't speak on a Menards vs Lowes comparison, but I'll take Menards over Home Depot everyday.

There are plenty of times I need a specific tool that I'm probably going to use only once or twice in my life. Menards will have a cheap option available, whereas Home Depot has a smaller selection and carries only the high dollar brands.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I can't speak on a Menards vs Lowes comparison, but I'll take Menards over Home Depot everyday.

There are plenty of times I need a specific tool that I'm probably going to use only once or twice in my life. Menards will have a cheap option available, whereas Home Depot has a smaller selection and carries only the high dollar brands.
I'm a big Menards guy, but if you're looking for a specialty tool you'll only use a couple times, try Harbor Freight too. They are generally cheaper than Menards on that stuff.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron