Scholarship offer and Letter of Intent questions.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I'm wondering if a player/former player would mind posting the offer and letter of intent. I've never seen either and am curious what kind of details are included and what type of stipulations the offer has. I'm sure you would want to blacken out any personal data but I still would like to see them.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Here's an offer:

Iowa_state_022.jpg

This guy, Tate Forcier, posted all 30-ish offers he got on his website:

Robert "Tate" Forcier

Also, from the ISU compliance department:

What Does Signing a NLI Mean for ISU?

If a prospect signs a NLI with ISU all other schools must stop communications with that recruit. In addition, if the prospect does not ultimately attend ISU the prospect will be forced to sit out during his or her freshman year. That year will not count as a redshirt, but rather, he or she will “burn” that year and will only be eligible for competition for three years.

Last edited:

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Yeah, I was gonna say that Tate Forcier posted all of his offer letters....

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
why don't we have our new logo on that offer? it looks like it was dated april 08

Because it was before the season started. Thats what last years "signees" got. Hopefully we'll have good weather on signing day, last year it was horrible out and most Iowa kids didnt get to have their signings be a "big deal" in their schools...because schools were closed. A few ended up signing blank sheets of papers for news cameras. Sweet none the less.

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
I'm wondering if a player/former player would mind posting the offer and letter of intent. I've never seen either and am curious what kind of details are included and what type of stipulations the offer has. I'm sure you would want to blacken out any personal data but I still would like to see them.

The NCAA doesn't allow LOI's to published, but on their website they put the exact text that appears on an LOI, so you get an idea of what it consists of.

CYCL0NE1

Jan 22, 2009
Waukee
Here's an offer:

Iowa_state_022.jpg

This guy, Tate Forcier, posted all 30-ish offers he got on his website:

Robert "Tate" Forcier

Also, from the ISU compliance department:

What Does Signing a NLI Mean for ISU?

If a prospect signs a NLI with ISU all other schools must stop communications with that recruit. In addition, if the prospect does not ultimately attend ISU the prospect will be forced to sit out during his or her freshman year. That year will not count as a redshirt, but rather, he or she will “burnâ€￾ that year and will only be eligible for competition for three years.
I'm not trying to be the grammar police, here, but I counted four grammatical errors on that offer. If I was the prospect who received it, I would have been very turned off by the lack of professionalism. Clearly, the Chiz wrote it.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'm not trying to be the grammar police, here, but I counted four grammatical errors on that offer. If I was the prospect who received it, I would have been very turned off by the lack of professionalism. Clearly, the Chiz wrote it.

I was just going to say something along those lines. A letter like that doesn't really knock your socks off. It seems awfully generic. Perhaps it is more of a formality, than anything else, and the actual offer is communicated verbally.