Should Randy Peterson be banned from Campbell interviews after his question?

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
My god it’s a joke about how dumb of a question it was and about how the guy sucks. Take it easy snowflake.

Yeah...it is a good joke....if there wasn't the reality of a current environment of people wanting to ban things they don't agree with....including speech. See Canada. See UK.

Congrats....you receive the award for worst misuse of the "Snowflake" label to date given I'm on the side of not being triggered and letting the free exchange of ideas (good and bad) rule. Your attempt at labeling me with this makes zero sense.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So ban sports....and nothing else. OK. Oh wait, now X city official is PO'd, so ban them from X city related press conferences and let them freely cover state-wide issues only. Oh...

(nothing can go wrong here).

ISU is not a private college.
Izzat you, Randy?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yeah...it is a good joke....if there wasn't the reality of a current environment of people wanting to ban things they don't agree with....including speech. See Canada. See UK.

Congrats....you receive the award for worst misuse of the "Snowflake" label to date given I'm on the side of not being triggered and letting the free exchange of ideas (good and bad) rule. Your attempt at labeling me with this makes zero sense.
Nah. I'm thinking Brice nailed it. Suck it up, buttercup.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

Look out folks. We are in the presence of greatness and being lectured by our better. :rolleyes:

The press can most certainly be called out for asking stupid questions, just like anyone or anything else. No one in this thread was seriously suggesting that the press be banned.

Last edited:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
man I can’t wait until tommy Birch takes over the beat! He’s going to be a good one!

That's the only reason I don't care. Neither have an ounce of fundamental football knowledge so the questions all suck. It's just a matter of who asks them.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Should dbodeenisudm be banned from CF...for asking whether freedom of the press should be denied?

Fair question. :rolleyes:

i was for the end of basketball season
and rightfully so
and the iowa rivals site was probably grateful i was reinstated :)

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I will say the o-line looks better than it did in the first 3 years of this regime.
O-line had a great game, minus a phantom hold and couple other minor details. I called Julian out after UNI, but he was fantastic Saturday. We're averaging 4.3 per carry on the season, problem is we aren't really running that much. I'd like to see us run more, but you can't argue with Purdy's numbers right now. They're really good. Just need to stop making stupid mistakes as others have said before.

Mike From Iowa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 26, 2019

You do realize that Canada and the UK don't (and never have had) a Bill of Rights that specifically protects the free use of speech, Right?

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
please, this a football press conference and the question was ridiculous and if the register had any money or integrity they would fire him and replace him
but since they wont...
maybe isu should ban him or at least stop giving the register the first question

Would you please do me a favor? Dont say "register", when they are really the LOCUST STREET LIAR....Thats what I call'em.....

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
He's doing his job. He doesn't work for ISU. I'm kind of curious as to why we still can't run the ball in year 4 myself.

Huh? We averaged 4.8 yards per carry against the ELITE HAWKEYE DEFENSE™. I agree we probably should've run it more, but to say we *can't* run the ball is simply not true.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Our line did a great job on pass pro. However that was also in part due to our quick passing game. I thought as the second half went on we struggled a little when Iowa started taking more risks. Our run game had a nice average per rush, but wasn't really consistently used so maybe he was referring to a consistent running attack. That could also be a coaches question about why they didn't try to run it more.

Wow, that would be a much better question. Or maybe ask about our punt return scheme which is to let everyone run downfield at the returning so that they can fair catch it.

Pandy shouldn't be "banned", but he should be marginalized as much as possible.

• Funny
Reactions: CyBobby

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Does Randy even understand the game? ISU's OL looked great on Saturday.

The Register has probably the two worst reporters imaginable covering ISU.... Randy and Tommy.... both just awful.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Busting Randy’s balls should not offend anyone. He’s to report on what he’s watching and accurately write about it and promote or criticize accordingly. He can’t do that if he can’t even ask a question that makes any damn sense.