Since our ADs have asked us to be extra nice to each other......

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
Congrats on the win TB and of course good luck the rest of the way.

but man, it takes a small man or group of people, let alone a director of athletics, to do what was done. He answers to a small group of mega boosters that greedily control that university and that’s ok I guess, but still, that was a piss poor rotten decision by somebody.

Look at me, I’m on a free and anonymous message board and I’m still fired up about what happened.

This band thing might linger a little longer and deeper than you might guess. It might linger quietly pretty soon and of course be forgave by some, but his/their premeditated decision is going to be hard to forget by many, let alone his professional peers and goes way beyond sports.

Huge character and deep integrity flaws it appears, but he’s basically a yes man to a few mega boosters anyway so it runs deeper than just him.

The State of Iowa is compromised of a sea of hardworking prideful people. Many people don’t come from much. They fight a lot of battles. Fight tooth and nails just for a chance or opportunity to feel a little pride.

Iowa state isn’t any different and I don’t think the common people have any understanding of that, but that’s a whole other topic.

To have that really weak “maybe we got something presser” sent out knowing it would gain traction nationally without explaining it or having any backbone to the accusation isn’t just petty, unprofessional, or weak minded. It goes way beyond fandom, winning or losing, or even a really bad decision. That was a purposeful attempt to associate the whole Iowa State University institution with racism just as ISU was finally getting a good national spotlight.

It takes a certain person or in this case, group of people’s unhealthy agenda, to do that. I can forgive him/them but man, he/they have really showed their true spots and colors and those rarely change at that level.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Iowa won't play a good defense if they make it to Indianapolis if those teams are anything like last year.

OSU exposed Michigan's defense and OSU's defense sucked which makes the 'we play defense' schtick look a little tired if the conference champ is bad on defense and one division was decided in what, the first week of November?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Kumbaya ceremony on ISU Central Campus at 10:00 tonight. Hawkeyes and Cyclones alike are invited.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
I thought I'd come over here and post some really nice comments Iowa OC Brian Ferentz said about ISU DC Jon Heacock. I would also add that I agree with him and think you guys have maybe the best defense we will play this year (at least unless Iowa makes it to Indianapolis):

They have a tremendous football coaching staff. Their defensive coordinator, Jon Heacock, is in my opinion one of the better coordinators in probably college football. I don't know where he ranks on that deal, but I know there are famous guys, like Brent Venables gets a lot of publicity. When I turned on Clemson the first week, they were playing Jon Heacock's defense.

I think he's a pretty good coach, and he certainly threw some things at us that we didn't expect and that we had not anticipated or prepared for.

Cheers and good luck in the Big 12.

Easy for TOE to say that because they won.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I thought I'd come over here and post some really nice comments Iowa OC Brian Ferentz said about ISU DC Jon Heacock. I would also add that I agree with him and think you guys have maybe the best defense we will play this year (at least unless Iowa makes it to Indianapolis):

They have a tremendous football coaching staff. Their defensive coordinator, Jon Heacock, is in my opinion one of the better coordinators in probably college football. I don't know where he ranks on that deal, but I know there are famous guys, like Brent Venables gets a lot of publicity. When I turned on Clemson the first week, they were playing Jon Heacock's defense.

I think he's a pretty good coach, and he certainly threw some things at us that we didn't expect and that we had not anticipated or prepared for.

Cheers and good luck in the Big 12.

Thanks for the kind words. But your AD can go **** himself.

• Agree
Reactions: dafarmer

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Fran is my second favorite Iowa MBB coach. George Raveling is my all time favorite.
I really, really liked Todd Lickliter as a coach. I think, if Fran is ever let go or "moves on," Iowa should give him a call. He'd be a perfect fit - just like the first time around. I was a big fan of his and how he ran their basketball team.

TBinBETT

Jun 9, 2015
Congrats on the win TB and of course good luck the rest of the way.

but man, it takes a small man or group of people, let alone a director of athletics, to do what was done. He answers to a small group of mega boosters that greedily control that university and that’s ok I guess, but still, that was a piss poor rotten decision by somebody.

Look at me, I’m on a free and anonymous message board and I’m still fired up about what happened.

This band thing might linger a little longer and deeper than you might guess. It might linger quietly pretty soon and of course be forgave by some, but his/their premeditated decision is going to be hard to forget by many, let alone his professional peers and goes way beyond sports.

Huge character and deep integrity flaws it appears, but he’s basically a yes man to a few mega boosters anyway so it runs deeper than just him.

The State of Iowa is compromised of a sea of hardworking prideful people. Many people don’t come from much. They fight a lot of battles. Fight tooth and nails just for a chance or opportunity to feel a little pride.

Iowa state isn’t any different and I don’t think the common people have any understanding of that, but that’s a whole other topic.

To have that really weak “maybe we got something presser” sent out knowing it would gain traction nationally without explaining it or having any backbone to the accusation isn’t just petty, unprofessional, or weak minded. It goes way beyond fandom, winning or losing, or even a really bad decision. That was a purposeful attempt to associate the whole Iowa State University institution with racism just as ISU was finally getting a good national spotlight.

It takes a certain person or in this case, group of people’s unhealthy agenda, to do that. I can forgive him/them but man, he/they have really showed their true spots and colors and those rarely change at that level.
Which makes it all the more amazing that Iowa beats Iowa State in everything despite being so amazingly outclassed in the Athletic Department office! My Lord, what would these numbers look like if Iowa had a competent AD!!??

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Alright, Iowa, I'm sorry.

When the meteor hits you all, I hope it kills you all instantly, rather than leaving some sort of Fallout "the living will envy the dead" kind of scenario afterwards.

Consider me a Falangist compared to the People's Republic of Johnson County.