Some possible discontent?

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Here's a possible scenario: Banks is thought to be in the "doghouse" last week by players who are behind him on the depth chart. For whatever reasons he remains on the field Saturday night and the supposed opportunity for PT by the backups passes. After thinking about it over the week-end, the backups see the handwriting on the wall and it is apparent that they are not part of the big picture and their noses get out of joint. So they quit. Happens all the time, i.e.Bates in '08.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Here's a possible scenario: Banks is thought to be in the "doghouse" last week by players who are behind him on the depth chart. For whatever reasons he remains on the field Saturday night and the supposed opportunity for PT by the backups passes. After thinking about it over the week-end, the backups see the handwriting on the wall and it is apparent that they are not part of the big picture and their noses get out of joint. So they quit. Happens all the time, i.e.Bates in '08.

This was my thought as well. If I was either of these guys, I would be a bit peeved about not seeing the field after the week leading up to the game that KB had. Sucks they quit, but I really wish them both well and thank them for the time they represented the school and played for our team.

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009

I think this scenario is probably plausible. If you're a player who's busting his butt on and off the field and the guy ahead of you is busted for dope, you'd be more than a little ticked if you thought or knew he was guilty and no punishment was handed down.

I don't know if they ran in the same circles (assuming they did), but I think it's safe to say that no PT after weed-gate either meant none was coming, or he didn't approved of the message PR was sending in not suspending a player who wasn't doing the right thing when he was.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I don't know if they ran in the same circles (assuming they did), but I think it's safe to say that no PT after weed-gate either meant none was coming, or he didn't approved of the message PR was sending in not suspending a player who wasn't doing the right thing when he was.

Why would that be "safe to say?"

All that is is random supposition about the players emotional state from someone who doesn't even know any of the players involved. None of that is "safe to say", it is just your own personal wild guess.

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009

All that is is random supposition about the players emotional state from someone who doesn't even know any of the players involved. None of that is "safe to say", it is just your own personal wild guess.

Ahhh...a stalker. I'm flattered.

It's a message board. I think it's safe to say that if he didn't get PT when the guy in front of him just got drug charges that none was coming.

You disagree with that?

Pull your head out. All the way out this time. Now wipe it down with a moist cloth and start over.

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009

CloneIce, if you're gonna continue to stalk me, just do it through PM so you don't have to clutter the board with your nonsensical ramblings.

I notice the other 2 posters said pretty much the exact same thing I did, but you failed to spew your vomit on them.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
It's a message board. I think it's safe to say that if he didn't get PT when the guy in front of him just got drug charges that none was coming.

You disagree with that?

We'll just ignore the pathetic internet tough guy stuff. Its just sad.

It is safe to say they were mad about PT. That is the reason everybody with actual contacts has given for them leaving. Definitely safe to say that, as it appears to be a fact.

Your entire post though about them being angry that KB wasn't punished is entirely your wild guess, so don't get all bent out of shape when I point out that your conclusion has no basis in fact.

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
If you're a player who's busting his butt on and off the field.

According to rumors on this site, Allen Bell was being punished for off the field behavior. (For the record, I've always been an Allen Bell fan, and no, I'm not stalking you.:jimlad:)

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
CloneIce, if you're gonna continue to stalk me, just do it through PM so you don't have to clutter the board with your nonsensical ramblings.

I notice the other 2 posters said pretty much the exact same thing I did, but you failed to spew your vomit on them.

I didn't realize that replying to your post is stalking you. I am glad that I boosted your ego though.

You seem to be happy about it, you replied two separate times to the exact same post.

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009
Your entire post though about them being angry that KB wasn't punished is entirely your wild guess, so don't get all bent out of shape when I point out that your conclusion has no basis in fact.

So, just so I have this straight, you wouldn't be bothered if the guy in front of you got dope charges and continued to start over you? You wouldn't think, "Hey, I'm 2nd string, but I haven't been charged for dope in the last few days. Can I play? What?! I can't. The guy with the dope charges still gets to play over me?"

Forget it.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
So, just so I have this straight, you wouldn't be bothered if the guy in front of you got dope charges and continued to start over you? You wouldn't think, "Hey, I'm 2nd string, but I haven't been charged for dope in the last few days. Can I play? What?! I can't. The guy with the dope charges still gets to play over me?"

Forget it.

If he was better than me at playing CB I would be fine with it. When I played football and was a backup as an underclassman, I never wished the coaches would suspend my teammates and friends so I could have more playing time.

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009
If he was better than me at playing CB I would be fine with it. When I played football and was a backup as an underclassman, I never wished the coaches would suspend my teammates and friends so I could have more playing time.

I guess we're different, then.

I'm of the opinion that the guy who has been arrested the least in the last month gets to play.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
To go with the title of the thread, I think this may be the case. I would think there would be some players upset about really no punishment for the KB thing. Dude did not miss any practice time. Reynolds out, Parker out for the season, Bell and McDowell quitting and I hear a rumor of another player thinking of leaving. Not good.