Taylor Martin

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Who is this ISU Scott, and why should I care what he says? :)

scotty_star_trek_.jpg

Reactions: ketelmeister

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
Martin would be commitment No. 21. I would say QB, DL, LB, S, to fill out the class!

With all this excitement of new commits I almost forgot about a QB. I think if we have 25 schollies to give we go hard after Larvez Mars, John Henderson, Mike Marry, and either Kenny Guiton or Doak Raulston.

I'd be pretty happy with that recruiting class, that's for sure.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I think Guiton is out of the race. He seems to have academic question marks. It seems to me to be down to Raulston/Rainieri.

Agreed! With Tom Herman in charge, I think Guiton is out of the running unless it is a last ditch fall back signing.

Cue the annoncement of Kenny Guitons commitment to the Cyclones!
:jimlad:

Last edited:

FLYBOY1979

Apr 12, 2006
Thanks for letting me know I spelled a word wrong. Why is 1/2 the comments on this site so negative any more?? If it is not what I want
when I want it the world will end right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did some
people catch the EIU sickness??

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
Thanks for letting me know I spelled a word wrong. Why is 1/2 the comments on this site so negative any more?? If it is not what I want

The reason I brought it up was because I wasn't sure if you were talking about a person or if you misspelled "scout." I wasn't jumping on you, just wanted clarification.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

If it makes you feel better, I thought ISU Scott was a real person (not kidding). I haven't been on here long and thought it might be the username of a credible poster to the site.

MarvelousMarv

Jan 24, 2009
Any depth we can get at DE is good. At this point it looks like we will have Martin, Maggitt, Parker, Lyle, McDonough, Laing and that is about it, maybe one more guy and we should be fine for now as long as one or two of the group of Maggitt, McDonough and Laing pan out!!

MarvelousMarv

Jan 24, 2009
As for QB, if we don't get Raulston or Rainieri we might go with Guiton, but I think Tyler Tettleton actually has a better chance to be the replacement player to Raulston and Rainieri. I hope we get one of the first two guys though!!

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Any depth we can get at DE is good. At this point it looks like we will have Martin, Maggitt, Parker, Lyle, McDonough, Laing and that is about it, maybe one more guy and we should be fine for now as long as one or two of the group of Maggitt, McDonough and Laing pan out!!

It would be very nice if that "one more guy" was Dearco Nolan. I think he could provide that balance between JuCo and high school talent at DE in this recruiting class.

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
I hope they're taking a good look at A J Westendorp. According to a college friend, who lives in Holland, Michigan, the locals are having a hard time wondering why more D1 coaches aren't looking at him. Qbacked his team to state title (14 - 0). He describes him as a Tim Tebow type qb. Rushed for 1250 yards (25 TD's); passed for 3400 yards (40 TD's). Ran a no huddle spread offense. He is 6 foot 2, 205 lbs. ACT score of 33. Has a 4.0 GPA. Sounds smart enough to run Herman's offense. Michigan is trying to talk him into walking on.

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
I hope they're taking a good look at A J Westendorp. According to a college friend, who lives in Holland, Michigan, the locals are having a hard time wondering why more D1 coaches aren't looking at him. Qbacked his team to state title (14 - 0). He describes him as a Tim Tebow type qb. Rushed for 1250 yards (25 TD's); passed for 3400 yards (40 TD's). Ran a no huddle spread offense. He is 6 foot 2, 205 lbs. ACT score of 33. Has a 4.0 GPA. Sounds smart enough to run Herman's offense. Michigan is trying to talk him into walking on.

He doesn't look to bad he makes some good throws

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjqac0Byv_I]YouTube - AJ Westendorp Highlights[/ame]

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron