Info: Thread Prefixes

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
As some of you may have already discovered, I have started rolling out the thread prefix feature. One of the common problems on the site is finding the info that you want, when you want it. Hopefully by further identifying information, we'll be able to better serve the various needs of our members.

When creating a new thread (in some forum categories), you will be given the option to select a "prefix" to attach to your message. For instance, in the Ticket Exchange forum you can select "FS:" to signify "For Sale" and "WTB:" to signify that you "Want To Buy", etc.

As the prefix becomes standard, you'll notice that you can filter forums based on the prefix using the controls at the bottom of the thread listings. If you only want to see betting topics in the betting board that revolve around MBB, just select the MBB filter.

I will continue to refine this feature as we move forward to make sure it's effective and not obtrusive. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Prefix function isn't working. If I select "Travian:" prefix in the gaming forum, I don't get any results even though there are several threads with that prefix.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Prefix function isn't working. If I select "Travian:" prefix in the gaming forum, I don't get any results even though there are several threads with that prefix.

I think that's because I've been just editing the threads in there with that prefix. Jer JUST added that today. I can try and edit those.

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Sounds like a good idea. What's the prefix for the staple of some posters: the irrational rant, the verbal vomit, and the king of all, stating the obvious?

Just kidding. I really do think it will be a good idea; yet another addition to the already insurmountable lead Cyclone Fanatic has over its competitors.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
It works for new threads.

I'm going back through the old threads and using the prefix (Jer just added it today). Would you mind making sure it works? I'll keep working on the other old threads.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
That's correct - as you guys have already figured out, the prefix for Travian was just added a bit ago and those "prefix looking prefixes" were really just part of the title and thus aren't really prefixes:smile:

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
That's correct - as you guys have already figured out, the prefix for Travian was just added a bit ago and those "prefix looking prefixes" were really just part of the title and thus aren't really prefixes:smile:

Ah, got it. Thanks. Another cool feature.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
now you just need to make the thread prefixes fancy little icons :)

I thought about that but I have to get graphics completed so I can do some testing. I haven't decided if it would be too much to look at or if it would look better as is or just bolded or colorfied. Or maybe it's best as is?

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I thought about that but I have to get graphics completed so I can do some testing. I haven't decided if it would be too much to look at or if it would look better as is or just bolded or colorfied. Or maybe it's best as is?

Oh I'm sure it's fine as is. It's just a little quicker to be able to grab a little 5x25 bar i think. Great feature though!