Tidiane Jalloh (‘23 JC DE) Commitment Watch

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I have no idea what’s going to happen with Jefferson Adam this evening, and I have zero idea whether the staff would take two JC defensive ends late in this class, but…why wouldn’t you take a guy listed at 6’6” 270 who runs like a linebacker, and even drops into coverage?

The staff took several JC’s late last year, after all. I think he’s 4 to play 3. So, a sophomore eligibility-wise…as most of those late JC’s were.

Oh, and for ease of pronunciation, apparently his nickname is “Frenchy”.

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
I have no idea what’s going to happen with Jefferson Adam this evening, and I have zero idea whether the staff would take two JC defensive ends late in this class, but…why wouldn’t you take a guy listed at 6’6” 270 who runs like a linebacker, and even drops into coverage?

The staff took several JC’s late last year, after all. I think he’s 4 to play 3. So, a sophomore eligibility-wise…as most of those late JC’s were.

Oh, and for ease of pronunciation, apparently his nickname is “Frenchy”.

That's getting close Enyi sized.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Hopefully we get him. Cant teach that kind of size. Sounds like a raw prospect, kind of like Matt Leo was for us.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Based on the DL we lost, I would think we take both:
  • Blake Peterson - Portal
  • Jayden Gray - Portal
  • MJ Anderson - NFL Draft
Seems like ISU's staff has been intentional with it's non-HS signees.
  • Harris > Silas
  • Lovett > Zenzen
  • Higgins > Michaud/Shaw
Makes sense from a class balance and also potential readiness for a portal or JUCO to play over a HS kid in 2023.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
JR Singleton and Tyler Onyedim beg to differ.
Neither are DE's. We need pass rushers in a bad way. We've had really good pass rushers to make the 3-man rush work. Enyi, McDonald, Andersen, Bailey. The fact that we're going after 2 late JUCO defensive ends tells me all I need to know about how they view the pass rushers on the current roster.

There might be some young talent there with Same and Ezeogu but they're both freshman who haven't played.

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
Neither are DE's. We need pass rushers in a bad way. We've had really good pass rushers to make the 3-man rush work. Enyi, McDonald, Andersen, Bailey. The fact that we're going after 2 late JUCO defensive ends tells me all I need to know about how they view the pass rushers on the current roster.

There might be some young talent there with Same and Ezeogu but they're both freshman who haven't played.
Both are more pass rushers then run stuffers but they line up in the middle and not the outside.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
They lose weight?

Neither are DE's.

Lol. Both play the strongside end the majority of the snaps there. They alternated at LDE last year. Just like Enyi split time at the spot at 6’6” 300 the previous two years.

It’s amazing to me how many people don’t pay attention whatsoever to how Coach Heacock uses his players.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Lol. Both play the strongside end the majority of the snaps there. They alternated at LDE last year. Just like Enyi split time at the spot at 6’6” 300 the previous two years.

It’s amazing to me how many people don’t pay attention whatsoever to how Coach Heacock uses his players.
I still don't see how you think they replace the pass rush production of Will McDonald and MJ Anderson? Like I said, right now Joey Peterson would be starting in McDonalds spot, and you think our pass rush would be fine?

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Onyedim has 1 sack in 14 career games. J.R. Singleton has not recorded a sack in his career. You're touting their pass rush abilities on what exactly?

I love both those guys, they're great players, but we need pass rushers to play alongside them.

Reactions: Aclone