Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines

Iowas MBB NIL.
Do you think they will have NIL dollars for men’s basketball once Fran is gone? From a distance, it looks like their collective is selectively ending his career.

Once a new coach is hired, is their instantly some cash to throw around and boost the new hire?

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I have a solution for Iowa's NIL issues
cash-now-jg-wentworth.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Do you think they will have NIL dollars for men’s basketball once Fran is gone? From a distance, it looks like their collective is selectively ending his career.

Once a new coach is hired, is there instantly some cash to throw around and boost the new hire?
When WBB doesn’t make the FF next year, money will stop going there.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I love how much better we are in the NIL space then Iowa. Shows how important it is to still have good management of resources.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I think they'll be pretty similar to this past year so scheduling definitely matters. The problem for them is, the league as a whole projects much better. There were a lot of free wins in the Big 10 last year and teams like Maryland, Michigan, Ohio State, and Indiana will not be abysmal again. UCLA is loaded. Tbd on other new Pac-12 arrivals.

Obviously some roster movement yet to happen for a lot of teams including Iowa.

The new Big 10 schools are all doing really well in the portal besides Washington (yet).

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
When WBB doesn’t make the FF next year, money will stop going there.

Swarm CEO Brad Heinrich's was on the Chadsters Wednesday night KNXO radio show and referenced women's hoops as a revenue generating sport. I'm sorry but if your collective figure head doesn't know which sports operate in the red that seems like a bit of a problem.

Last edited: