Help: Upgrading? Paypal alternative

cyflyboy

Apr 10, 2006
Is there a way to Upgrade without using Paypal? I have had some bad dealings with Paypal lately and refuse to use them for any transactions.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I'm curious. How does one have bad dealings with PayPal?

I've had several. Basically buyer puts up some claim and paypal withholds the entire funds related to the purchase. It sometimes takes months to rectify, if lucky. Other times despite ones' evidence PayPal sides with the buyer and you lose the funds and the item. I avoid PayPal quite a bit now too

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Is there a way to Upgrade without using Paypal? I have had some bad dealings with Paypal lately and refuse to use them for any transactions.

Mind is to my credit card with PayPal being the transaction manager. It' not a regular PayPal user to PayPal user payment. You aren't logging into PayPal to set this up. It doesn't even show on my monthly PayPal account.....haven't used the user to user in several years. I get an email notice receipt each month and, of course, it's on my credit card. My credit card isn't even set up with my old PayPal account.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Mind is to my credit card with PayPal being the transaction manager. It' not a regular PayPal user to PayPal user payment. You aren't logging into PayPal to set this up. It doesn't even show on my monthly PayPal account.....haven't used the user to user in several years. I get an email notice receipt each month and, of course, it's on my credit card. My credit card isn't even set up with my old PayPal account.
How do I cancel stuff? I was tier one and then went to tier 2. I am getting charged for both, and when I go to cancel tier one it makes me log into a Paypal account, which I don't have. I know my wife has one, but mine goes right to my credit card, like you, and I don't use paypal.

Maybe @ChrisMWilliams has a better understanding.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Unfortunately, we have to use PayPal, but we do it for your guys' security. A company as small as ours has no business storing credit cards for monthly payments.

My suggestion would be to subscribe to Patreon instead. It's the same content, minus the message board aspect. Or DM me and I can try to work around a few things for you.

Reactions: cyflyboy

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
How do I cancel stuff? I was tier one and then went to tier 2. I am getting charged for both, and when I go to cancel tier one it makes me log into a Paypal account, which I don't have. I know my wife has one, but mine goes right to my credit card, like you, and I don't use paypal.

Yeah, that's just cuz the system automatically gives T2 T1 benefits. Most people sign up for T2 first. Ill go in and cancel your T1 for you right now. Sorry about that.

• Winner
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah, that's just cuz the system automatically gives T2 T1 benefits. Most people sign up for T2 first. Ill go in and cancel your T1 for you right now. Sorry about that.
Thank you. Now if you could just find a way to have the billing be annual and not monthly, I would be overjoyed. I hate monthly payments, feels like an anchor on me.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com

Please DM me the email address you used with PayPal. The one you have on file is not showing up.

cyflyboy

Apr 10, 2006
Unfortunately, we have to use PayPal, but we do it for your guys' security. A company as small as ours has no business storing credit cards for monthly payments.

My suggestion would be to subscribe to Patreon instead. It's the same content, minus the message board aspect. Or DM me and I can try to work around a few things for you.

Thanks. I will look at it later this afternoon. I have been a Paypal member for over 15 years and recently had some fraudulent business transactions that they would not support me so I am done with them.

cyflyboy

Apr 10, 2006
I'm curious. How does one have bad dealings with PayPal?
I mad a couple online purchases that were fradulent and Paypal would not stand behind me and refund my purchase amount. Instead they let me deal with a Chinese company directly or one than hasn't even responded to emails. Not a great way to treat someone who has been giving them business for a long time.