Way Too Early Top 25 roundup: Cyclones a consensus top 5 pick

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
OK, thanks. I just remember their games monopolizing ESPN for many years.
Yep, I think this past season or one before was the first time since the 80’s Big 10 basketball wasn’t shown mainly on ESPN.

For what it’s worth, I would love if Yormark could get Big 12 basketball a network that goes all in on the product.

Reactions: NWICY

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I don't agree. CBB is about who you have on your roster. Last year doesn't matter. They were a top to start the season this year because of the guys they returned and added, Right now they just don't have the dudes to put them that high. Now, they may get them but I think benefit of the doubt with what they have is maybe top 20 or top 25 not #6.
They finished the season ranked 8th in the AP poll. They return their top 4 scorers. This may be up for debate but the consensus is that the front court pieces they have now, either via the portal or returning players are better than the ones we had that either graduated or left to the portal.
...Based on what you said then, why wouldn't we be considered top 5-10 preseason?

NY Chicago Fan

Mar 17, 2023
They finished the season ranked 8th in the AP poll. They return their top 4 scorers. This may be up for debate but the consensus is that the front court pieces they have now, either via the portal or returning players are better than the ones we had that either graduated or left to the portal.
...Based on what you said then, why wouldn't we be considered top 5-10 preseason?
They were talking about UCONN

Bob f

Nov 9, 2019
Iowa
I said preseason last year and as it currently looks right now Kansas's roster has huge holes and are way overrated in the preseason polls. Going into last season they really had no proven scorers until Hunter Dickinson transferred late. Dajuan Harris is strictly a defensive player. McCullar being the B12 leading scorer came out of nowhere, that kept them relevant til he got hurt. Jonny Furphy was a nice surprise. KJ Adams doesn't have much of an offensive game, but will get 12 ppg just by being more athletic than his defender.

With McCullar and Furphy likely gone, maybe even Dickinson, and no big time additions I see KU's roster as a fringe top 25 team as it currently stands.
Hunter Dickinson is a huge *****. Guy looks like he's on verge of balling every time he's in camera

Reactions: exCYtable

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I fully believe we'll be better than we were this past season. The problem is with the current state of the portal/NIL it's easier for other teams to upgrade their rosters as well. Kansas for example appears as a possible preseason #1 primarily due to what they've added.

• Agree
Reactions: CySmurf

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
And just 3 years ago we were hopeful, a little, for our new coach, but mostly trying to forget a 2-win season and a team that was just hard to even watch. Now we are battling for a spot in the Final Four. Wear the Cardinal and Gold proudly, folks!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
12 Big 10 teams in Lunardi's field. Wow. I get they added 4 teams, but we added 4 teams and the Big 12 is projected only 7 per Lunardi. Digging deeper, Lunardi sees a top heavy Big 12 and mediocre Big 10 with their title winner, Purdue, and Indiana with a 4 seed as best.
Isn't he the guy who is always way off? I've always wondered how people like that stay popular. My belief is the platform matters more than the content

Reactions: CyNews

Help Support Us

Become a patron